Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 1, 2013
5:47:44 PM
New upgrades/ updates

To all ATT managers/ monitors and users- Can we expect any updates to further enhance our d.v.r.s? If so describe the features. Thanks.

To all ATT managers/ monitors and users- Can we expect any updates to further enhance our d.v.r.s? If so describe the features. Thanks.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 1, 2013 10:46:54 PM
(0)
Professor
Depends on when Microsoft updates the software that runs on the Set top boxes & DVR's. Keep in mind, that the software that ATT runs, is the same that is used on other systems that use this platform.

As for mod's/monitor's, they do not have the pleasure to state that info, because it is privy to "For your eyes only/Internal knowledge, not to be released to the public".

I imagine the next platform change will be when Microsoft Blue OS comes out around 2014, since they just made a huge change when Win8 came out.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

New upgrades/ updates

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 1, 2013 10:46:54 PM
(0)
Professor
Depends on when Microsoft updates the software that runs on the Set top boxes & DVR's. Keep in mind, that the software that ATT runs, is the same that is used on other systems that use this platform.

As for mod's/monitor's, they do not have the pleasure to state that info, because it is privy to "For your eyes only/Internal knowledge, not to be released to the public".

I imagine the next platform change will be when Microsoft Blue OS comes out around 2014, since they just made a huge change when Win8 came out.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: New upgrades/ updates

2 of 4 (2,025 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2013 5:19:43 PM
(0)
Guru

Thanks for your insight man. Can't wait for the updates.

By the way, aside from the forums mentioning them does att tell when they happen? I don't ever remember them notifiying through messages.

By the way, aside from the forums mentioning them does att tell when they happen? I don't ever remember them notifiying through messages.

3 of 4 (1,965 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2013 5:20:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Feb 4, 2013 at 5:23:35 PM

antman_2 wrote:

They never publicly pre-announce updates / improvements unless a Tier 2 releases a little "nugget of info," in passing.  We know of updates here way before AT&T ever releases public info on an improvement.  They update or add a feature, and if it is stable for a month or two THEN they do a press releas, announcing it.

THIS is the place to come to get scoops.  Folks look at stats on the U-Verse system and note any changes here.  A few folks noted that AT&T was testing additional streams (7 SD?) a few months ago.  This jibes with a "nugget leak" of increase in streams coming later this year.

antman_2 wrote:

They never publicly pre-announce updates / improvements unless a Tier 2 releases a little "nugget of info," in passing.  We know of updates here way before AT&T ever releases public info on an improvement.  They update or add a feature, and if it is stable for a month or two THEN they do a press releas, announcing it.

THIS is the place to come to get scoops.  Folks look at stats on the U-Verse system and note any changes here.  A few folks noted that AT&T was testing additional streams (7 SD?) a few months ago.  This jibes with a "nugget leak" of increase in streams coming later this year.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (1,802 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments