amccarl's profile

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 23rd, 2014 6:17 PM

New italics feature in UVerse recordings list

Today when I went to my UVerse recordings, some of the titles were in an italic font.  It took me a couple minutes, but I finally figured out that if a recording has been viewed, even partially, it turns the font italic.  If the title is the title of a group of recordings, it will stay in regualr font even if the recordings in the group have been viewed.  SO... anything that is a group of recordings, or anything that hasn't been viewed will be in regular font.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

I got no italics.  I'm jealous.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Could you go down to the System Options menu and record the TV client version information and post it here?  I'm wondering if you're one of the first to get a new STB software update.

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hey, hey, hey!  We have the italics!

TV2 Client version: 2.4.29140.12

I think it updated several days ago.  I know one afternoon I turned on the living room TV and the screen came up briefly with the big blue AT&T logo screen and then in just a couple or three seconds went to the program.

Other changes we've notice are a white border around any item selected in the Guide and, when we press the "info" button we discovered that the program rating & date of original broadcast has been moved up, right below the number of minutes remaining.  Also the DOOB is now in a blue color instead of the old white lettering.

If there are other changes.....we have not found them yet.

Phil

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

If anyone reading this and having the new software is not in the Central Time Zone, would you like to see if the Search/Other Showtimes bug is squashed?

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

10 years ago

Somehow I've missed noticing that bug JMC.  What was the problem that I should look for?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Since you live in the Central Time zone, there's no way for you to see the problem.

The bug is that the times for shows listed in the Search screen, or when using the "More Showtimes" button, are displayed using CT, even if the customer is in ET, MT or PT.

I guess you can make sure they didn't break it for CT.  Smiley LOL

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

I hate to say that I'm a bit disappointed (since AT&T only does one release each year) and the big fix this year is apparently adding italics to already viewed recorded shows.  Smiley Happy

I was sure hoping for more streams!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

I don't know that there's a need for a software update to increase the number of streams; there have been short periods in the past where there were more streams available for certain lucky people.  (Though I suppose they may have discovered issues with having more streams that needed to be fixed in the STB software before a full rollout could occur).

The crushed black fix that seems to be in this release is a big deal for some HDMI users.  If the "show times in CT" bug is fixed (as I expect), that's an important thing as well (it'll save AT&T $35 /month Smiley Wink).

I agree that most of the UI changes reported so far aren't that big a deal (well, if Favorites on the ENTER key works better, that'll be a good thing).  If anyone expected this to look like what Ericsson was showing off earlier this year, well, oops.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

I don't know that there's a need for a software update to increase the number of streams; there have been short periods in the past where there were more streams available for certain lucky people.  (Though I suppose they may have discovered issues with having more streams that needed to be fixed in the STB software before a full rollout could occur).

The crushed black fix that seems to be in this release is a big deal for some HDMI users.  If the "show times in CT" bug is fixed (as I expect), that's an important thing as well (it'll save AT&T $35 /month Smiley Wink).

I agree that most of the UI changes reported so far aren't that big a deal (well, if Favorites on the ENTER key works better, that'll be a good thing).  If anyone expected this to look like what Ericsson was showing off earlier this year, well, oops.

I have heard that AT&T may or may not embrace what Ericsson is doing......

$35/month: Classic!  Smiley Very Happy

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

While watching this am in New Haven, I got a u-verse message that an update was available, did I want to apply it. I would lose service while it was updating.

It was interesting to watch the percent complete and the time left BOTH increase - 1, 2, 3 minutes, while percentage complete also increased.

When it was done, I had the italic like font for partially watched recordings & an outline box for selected items. The menus & normal viewing (with HD connection) appear much sharper & jump out. Although, the font appears smaller tjan previously & inconsistent between menus.

Selecting Favorites guide via the enter/zoom button is gone (previously there, but inop). CC is at the top of the list (which is good).

In the main menu, the Favorites guide is still multiple clicks down the list. If att feels that not enough people use the Favorites guide to have Favorites replace the full Guide at the top of the list. How about keying on whether or not the customer has built a Favorites list. If there is a list, put it at the top.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.