Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 15, 2014
6:17:11 PM
View profile
My DVR is stuck on this screen, wont reboot

https://twitter.com/oriontallica/status/456237006368960512

i got home from work and when i turned on the tv i got a uverse hdmi error. Usually unplugging and plugging back in solves this.

now im stuck at this screen. Been 30 minutes and it wont get past it. The "working" wheel is still moving.

help

i got home from work and when i turned on the tv i got a uverse hdmi error. Usually unplugging and plugging back in solves this.

now im stuck at this screen. Been 30 minutes and it wont get past it. The "working" wheel is still moving.

help

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 15, 2014 6:47:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
BigCoz78 _ If the DVR is not connected to the RG cat5, the best way to eliminate the wiring as the cause is to connect to the RG cat5.
If that does not work, do a destructive reboot of the DVR, where you lose your recordings.
If that does not work call in for a remote test.

You must do this on the front panel of the DVR itself, not on the remote:

1. Press and hold down the power button.
2. Within 1 second, also press and hold down the OK and down arrow buttons.
3. All 3 front panel lights (red, green, blue will come on). At this point, release the power button, but continue holding down OK and down arrow.
4. When you see a gear appear on the screen, release OK and down arrow.

The system will reload the factory software from the network. This will take 20-30 minutes, and then the system will reboot.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

My DVR is stuck on this screen, wont reboot

5 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 6:20:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You may have an issue with connectivity back to the RG/Modem or worse back to the neighorhood VRAD.

Check your cabling (especially tightness if connected via coax).  You can also try resetting the RG.

You may have an issue with connectivity back to the RG/Modem or worse back to the neighorhood VRAD.

Check your cabling (especially tightness if connected via coax).  You can also try resetting the RG.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My DVR is stuck on this screen, wont reboot

2 of 6 (8,108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 6:25:19 PM
(0)
Teacher

My bedroom tv works fine if that means anything

my internet also works fine. 

My bedroom tv works fine if that means anything

my internet also works fine. 

3 of 6 (8,104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 15, 2014 6:47:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
BigCoz78 _ If the DVR is not connected to the RG cat5, the best way to eliminate the wiring as the cause is to connect to the RG cat5.
If that does not work, do a destructive reboot of the DVR, where you lose your recordings.

3. All 3 front panel lights (red, green, blue will come on). At this point, release the power button, but continue holding down OK and down arrow.

The system will reload the factory software from the network. This will take 20-30 minutes, and then the system will reboot.

4 of 6 (8,093 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 6:52:40 PM
(0)
Teacher

And now after 40mins it works fine. a msg saying "uverse tv is unavailable at the moment, try again later" with a 'cancel client" button. When i came back ten mins later it was working. Weird. Thanks for help

And now after 40mins it works fine. a msg saying "uverse tv is unavailable at the moment, try again later" with a 'cancel client" button. When i came back ten mins later it was working. Weird. Thanks for help

5 of 6 (8,093 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2014 8:45:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

BigCoz78 wrote:

help

@aviewer provided a superb answer.  I have had this happen once where nothing worked.  I called Tech Support and they pushed something to my system which cleared the stuck wheel.  So, if you get stuck again and nothing works, you can call 1-800-288-2020 and say U-Verse Technical Support.  Glad it's fixed!

BigCoz78 wrote:

help

@aviewer provided a superb answer.  I have had this happen once where nothing worked.  I called Tech Support and they pushed something to my system which cleared the stuck wheel.  So, if you get stuck again and nothing works, you can call 1-800-288-2020 and say U-Verse Technical Support.  Glad it's fixed!

6 of 6 (8,016 Views)