chicagoryan's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, February 8th, 2013 5:29 PM

Multiple TVs per receiver- HELP PLEASE!

Hoping someone can help me.... here is my situation:

I currently have U-Verse service on 3 TVs - the main DVR is in my family room and I have HD receivers in my bedroom and living room.  I am in the process of finishing my basement and will have an additional 3 TVs down there.  I will always want to have the same thing on all 3 of those televisions so my question is do I have the ability to put 1 box down there and have the signal go to all 3 TVs??  Or would I need 3 boxes?  I would hate to put 3 boxes down there because 1-  it would be a waste of money and 2- two of the tvs are mounted on the wall and it just isnt convenient to have to put a shelf up for the box.  Again my plan is to always have the same channel on all 3 (I'm going for the sports bar feel) so I'm really hoping there is a way this can be done.... HELP PLEASE!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

chicagoryan -
Here is a splitter for multiplying the HDMI output. Get the 1x4 version.
http://sewelldirect.com/Sewell-HDMI-1x2-Splitter-v13b.asp?ad_source=GoogleAdWords&ad_medium=PPC&ad_term=HDMI%20%2Bsplitter&ad_campaign=53983803&ad_group=2074889043&ad_network=search&ad_creative=7153161963&gclid=CKe_ir2ii6gCFUiK4AoduEbyCQ

Edit - You could connect one TV off the component jacks and use the 1x2 HDMI splitter.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

You would use a Matrix switch if feeding one HDMI feed to multiple HDMI capable sets.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@aviewer wrote:

chicagoryan -
Here is a splitter for multiplying the HDMI output. Get the 1x4 version.
http://sewelldirect.com/Sewell-HDMI-1x2-Splitter-v13b.asp?ad_source=GoogleAdWords&ad_medium=PPC&ad_term=HDMI%20%2Bsplitter&ad_campaign=53983803&ad_group=2074889043&ad_network=search&ad_creative=7153161963&gclid=CKe_ir2ii6gCFUiK4AoduEbyCQ

Edit - You could connect one TV off the component jacks and use the 1x2 HDMI splitter.

Good answer AV but isn't there some drop off in signal in HDMI over longish distances?

chicagoryan: Love the idea of a sports bar type setup!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

dhascall - Check out the video on the Sewell site. They show TVs connected with a loooong cable.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
dhascall - Check out the video on the Sewell site. They show TVs connected with a loooong cable.

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you for the ideas!  I have never tried multiple cables (HDMI and component) out of the same receiver- I wasnt sure that would work.  That may be the route that I have to go... they will be about 20 feet apart so I will need at least 30 foot cables- I'm hopiong I wont lose quality over that distance.  All 3 of my current receivers are wired and I've never tried one of the wireless receivers.... would that be an option?  Since I don't have one I dont know how they actually sync up with the television- is there a way to connect two TVs to the same wireless receiver??  Just tying to consider all the options!  Thank you all for your help!!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

chicagoryan - Check out the Sewell site distance is not a problem for HDMI with their cables. Watch their video.

I suggested component to save money. You would want the component cable set to be adjacent to the TV & the HDMI cables go to distant TVs.

If you do not mind spending the money the four way HDMI would be better.

Wireless receiver is not an issue, It is wireless only on the network side. The TV side uses the same wires as a wired receiver.

All it sabes is the wire from the RG to the receiver.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Sewell Direct or monoprice.com are going to be your best options for low price. More people are going with monoprice. because they have been great in if you have any issues with an item, and need to return, no questions asked.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

RE: 30 ft. HDMI cables. You should not have any problem. I have a 25 ft. cable wrapped around my living room to be used for iPad/iPhone connections, or watching something from my laptop, and I've never seen any degradation of quality.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.