Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 14, 2013
6:54:26 PM
View profile
Ideal HPNA Power Levels?
Edited by Darknessrise on May 14, 2013 at 6:57:24 PM

Anyone know what the good HPNA power levels are like? What are the things such as 1 > 2? Also, how do I tell which "Station(Receiver?)" is which?

I did an "Extended Test" and got this:

Station to Station HPNA PerformancePHY Rate (Mbps)SNR (dB)Rx Power Level - dBPacket Error
1 > 211241.9-11.20  
1 > 311241.9-12.80  
2 > 112840.9-9.30  
2 > 311241.9-21.10  
3 > 112840.8-10.20  
3 > 211241.9-20.50  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

Anyone know what the good HPNA power levels are like? What are the things such as 1 > 2? Also, how do I tell which "Station(Receiver?)" is which?

I did an "Extended Test" and got this:

Station to Station HPNA PerformancePHY Rate (Mbps)SNR (dB)Rx Power Level - dBPacket Error
1 > 211241.9-11.20  
1 > 311241.9-12.80  
2 > 112840.9-9.30  
2 > 311241.9-21.10  
3 > 112840.8-10.20  
3 > 211241.9-20.50  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 15, 2013 12:16:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on May 15, 2013 at 12:18:59 PM

112 and above are proper PHY Rates, the only stat that really matters in HPNA connections.

To figure out which ones are which, about only way is to disconnect a connection and it would show up in the table.  That way you would then know which # is which location. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Ideal HPNA Power Levels?

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 15, 2013 12:16:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on May 15, 2013 at 12:18:59 PM

112 and above are proper PHY Rates, the only stat that really matters in HPNA connections.

To figure out which ones are which, about only way is to disconnect a connection and it would show up in the table.  That way you would then know which # is which location. Smiley Wink

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Chris

Re: Ideal HPNA Power Levels?

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (1,039 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2013 12:38:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Thanks Smiley Happy

Thanks Smiley Happy

3 of 5 (1,019 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2013 3:21:23 PM
(0)
Teacher

I'm guessing 1 > 2 means "doohicky 1 going to doohicky 2".  It would be a lot clearer to use something like "1 -> 2"

I'm guessing 1 > 2 means "doohicky 1 going to doohicky 2".  It would be a lot clearer to use something like "1 -> 2"

4 of 5 (1,000 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2013 7:50:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

snotnose wrote:

Smiley Tongue

No no, 1 is now greater than 2(Mind blown)!

I originally figured it just meant "From - to -" too.

snotnose wrote:

Smiley Tongue

No no, 1 is now greater than 2(Mind blown)!

I originally figured it just meant "From - to -" too.

5 of 5 (980 Views)