Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 13, 2011
12:58:52 PM
View profile
Has the FF speed changed, recently?

I have noticed that a single press of the FF key, seems to take much longer to go through a (presumed) two minute block of commercials.  Has anyone else noticed this?  The 2 press FF seems also to not be as fast as before.

I have noticed that a single press of the FF key, seems to take much longer to go through a (presumed) two minute block of commercials.  Has anyone else noticed this?  The 2 press FF seems also to not be as fast as before.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 13, 2011 1:54:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I just checked (I was watching a paused program).  My FF is 45 secs.

I believe some commercial blocks are closer to 3 mins.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Has the FF speed changed, recently?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 13, 2011 1:54:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Re: Has the FF speed changed, recently?

2 of 7 (1,175 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 2:24:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Thanks for chercking.  The single press FF just seems to crawl.  Maybe it's just me and crotchety self.  

Thanks for chercking.  The single press FF just seems to crawl.  Maybe it's just me and crotchety self.  

3 of 7 (1,162 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 2:30:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Jan 13, 2011 at 2:31:35 PM

Were you referring to the FF button or the FWD button on the remote?

Were you referring to the FF button or the FWD button on the remote?

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (1,152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 5:56:50 PM
(0)
Mentor

Dhascall was referring to fast forward (single press), but skeeter was referring to something else entirely.

I am used to Tivo, and so I find FF (first stage) to be too fast. With Tivo I could navigate to almost the exact frame I wanted, and could still use the higher speeds for when I wanted to move more quickly. UVerse has no 'stop on a dime' speed.

Dhascall was referring to fast forward (single press), but skeeter was referring to something else entirely.

I am used to Tivo, and so I find FF (first stage) to be too fast. With Tivo I could navigate to almost the exact frame I wanted, and could still use the higher speeds for when I wanted to move more quickly. UVerse has no 'stop on a dime' speed.

5 of 7 (1,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 6:43:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Sorry.  Smiley Sad

Sorry.  Smiley Sad

6 of 7 (1,081 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2011 7:19:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jan 14, 2011 at 7:20:28 AM

Chuckles_2 wrote:

Skeeter, were you saying that it takes 45 seconds to FF through (at the slowest speed) a block of commercials?  If that is the case, then you were right on.  I was not referring to the 30 second commercial skip.  If that was the case, that isn't what I was asking.

I was asking if the FF speeds (>> >>> >>>>) have changed.

Chuckles_2: I actually do not miss having a stop on a dime FF.  I LOVE the rollback feature.

Chuckles_2 wrote:

Skeeter, were you saying that it takes 45 seconds to FF through (at the slowest speed) a block of commercials?  If that is the case, then you were right on.  I was not referring to the 30 second commercial skip.  If that was the case, that isn't what I was asking.

I was asking if the FF speeds (>> >>> >>>>) have changed.

Chuckles_2: I actually do not miss having a stop on a dime FF.  I LOVE the rollback feature.

[ Edited ]
7 of 7 (1,007 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments