For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
cdemot02's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, July 2nd, 2015 11:05 AM

Guide TV Show Names

Who progams the TV show names on the guide?  The DVR does not work correctly because of the wording on the guide.  For example MTV Real World, instead of it saying just Real World our guides say Real World "San diego" then "Chicago" or whatever city the show is in during that season, but now our DVR thinks it is a totally different show and will not record it.  Same thing happened with Party Down South our guides call the new cast Party Down South 2 so the DVR did not record the show.  I checked Direct TV, and Time Warner Guides and neither of them have this issue.  The shows say Real World and Party Down South.  This happens on other channels as well any time the guide gets too "detailed."

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

Sorry, but you'll have to set a recording for each season since the name changes every year.

This is how it is with Survivor.  I can have my DVR set for Survivor: Phillipines but the next time it's Survivor: Caramoan and the DVR will not recognize it as the same program.  Same day, same time, different name.

Scholar

• 

286 Messages

9 years ago

@cdemot02 wrote:

Who progams the TV show names on the guide?  The DVR does not work correctly because of the wording on the guide.  For example MTV Real World, instead of it saying just Real World our guides say Real World "San diego" then "Chicago" or whatever city the show is in during that season, but now our DVR thinks it is a totally different show and will not record it.  Same thing happened with Party Down South our guides call the new cast Party Down South 2 so the DVR did not record the show.  I checked Direct TV, and Time Warner Guides and neither of them have this issue.  The shows say Real World and Party Down South.  This happens on other channels as well any time the guide gets too "detailed."

Like most things in life, it's marketing's fault and they most only care about their 'brand approval synergy' or somesuch drivel.

... and don't EVEN get me started on the latest nonense of slapping pop-ups or 'social content' into existing content and trying to pass them off as new episodes. i.e, Naked and Afraid becoming Naked and Afraid Pop-Up Edition, The Little Couple becoming The Little Couple Big Updates)

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@PotatoeGuru wrote:

@cdemot02 wrote:

Like most things in life, it's marketing's fault and they most only care about their 'brand approval synergy' or somesuch drivel.

... and don't EVEN get me started on the latest nonense of slapping pop-ups or 'social content' into existing content and trying to pass them off as new episodes. i.e, Naked and Afraid becoming Naked and Afraid Pop-Up Edition, The Little Couple becoming The Little Couple Big Updates)

Repeats w/tweets that add no value except to the people who's tweets make the show. Smiley LOL

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@cdemot02 blame it on the networks and stations.  Our local 11 PM newcast changed it's name from Eyewitness News to Eyewitness News at 11.  That slight change stopped my series recording.  Someone was cursing AT&T because his QVC (!) series recording (!) of "In the Kitchen With David" (!!!) stopped recording.  To each his own, huh?  At any rate "David" must have been paranoid that another TV huckster would steal his shtick (mmmm-hmmm, shut my mouth, these cornflakes are to die for) that he added an trademark style "r" to his name and that is what caused the series recordings to stop.

So blame the stations and networks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.