shawnmcpike's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

12 Messages

Monday, February 14th, 2011 12:08 AM

Easy option to delete all DVRed shows?

Is there an easy way to delete all "Criminal Minds" shows that we have DVRed? We're looking for a quick alternative rather than going into each individual one or driving deep down into a menu. 

I'd love a way to highlight the show title (with X number of recorded episodes) and delete them all (if for example, we know we've seen them all or we no longer want them).

Thanks,
Shawn McPike

Senior Manager of Social Media Listening and Enablement
AT&T

@shawnmcpike on twitter

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions". This will help other users find this information too!!
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

If the episodes were all recorded as part of a series recording, you can do a "bucket delete" as follows:

1. Press the RECORDED TV button on your remote

2. Scroll over to Series on the menu

3. Scroll down to the series recording who's episodes you wish to delete

4. Select Erase recordings and Erase

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

373 Messages

13 years ago

On the DVR/STB, in Recordings, if you highglight the show with multiple shows grouped, press the delete key on your remote.   It will ask you to confirm, and then BOOM.  All gone.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

13 years ago

No, sorry. Each individual episode must be deleted.

Guru

• 

802 Messages

13 years ago

@shawnmcpike wrote:

Is there an easy way to delete all "Criminal Minds" shows that we have DVRed? We're looking for a quick alternative rather than going into each individual one or driving deep down into a menu. 

I'd love a way to highlight the show title (with X number of recorded episodes) and delete them all (if for example, we know we've seen them all or we no longer want them).

Yes, you can, but through WRA, using the "Recorded Shows" tab. Very handy.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

13 years ago

I stand corrected TG.  Thank you.

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

13 years ago

I think you can also do it through the online guide.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

13 years ago

Learn something new everyday, thanks bri_man Smiley Wink

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I don't understand your instructions.  I've deleted a series before using A-B-C buttons, but don't remember the proper sequence.

What is the DVR/STB? 

I don't get an option Delete the Series - only single episodes and it's driving me crazy!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Yabrinya wrote:

I don't understand your instructions.  I've deleted a series before using A-B-C buttons, but don't remember the proper sequence.

What is the DVR/STB? 

I don't get an option Delete the Series - only single episodes and it's driving me crazy!

Re-read the messages above.  The instructions work to delete multiple episodes in a series recording.

DVR = Digital Video Recorder

STB = Set Top Box

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

After deleting shows from my DVR list, they come back.  How do I take them off permanently?  Thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.