Ask a question

Posted Feb 13, 2011
    4:08:26 PM
    View profile
    Easy option to delete all DVRed shows?

Is there an easy way to delete all "Criminal Minds" shows that we have DVRed? We're looking for a quick alternative rather than going into each individual one or driving deep down into a menu. 

I'd love a way to highlight the show title (with X number of recorded episodes) and delete them all (if for example, we know we've seen them all or we no longer want them).

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Feb 14, 2011 7:27:04 AM
    (0)
    Scholar

On the DVR/STB, in Recordings, if you highglight the show with multiple shows grouped, press the delete key on your remote.   It will ask you to confirm, and then BOOM.  All gone.

Accepted Solution

Easy option to delete all DVRed shows?

9 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (9)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 13, 2011 4:09:29 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

No, sorry. Each individual episode must be deleted.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Easy option to delete all DVRed shows?

2 of 10 (10,426 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Feb 13, 2011 4:21:03 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

If the episodes were all recorded as part of a series recording, you can do a "bucket delete" as follows:

1. Press the RECORDED TV button on your remote

2. Scroll over to Series on the menu

3. Scroll down to the series recording who's episodes you wish to delete

4. Select Erase recordings and Erase

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 10 (10,413 Views)
    Solution
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 13, 2011 5:00:26 PM
    (0)
    Guru

shawnmcpike wrote:

Is there an easy way to delete all "Criminal Minds" shows that we have DVRed? We're looking for a quick alternative rather than going into each individual one or driving deep down into a menu. 

I'd love a way to highlight the show title (with X number of recorded episodes) and delete them all (if for example, we know we've seen them all or we no longer want them).

Yes, you can, but through WRA, using the "Recorded Shows" tab. Very handy.

4 of 10 (10,396 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 14, 2011 5:45:31 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

I stand corrected TG.  Thank you.

5 of 10 (10,322 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 14, 2011 7:05:20 AM
    (0)
    Mentor

I think you can also do it through the online guide.

6 of 10 (10,306 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Feb 14, 2011 7:27:04 AM
    (0)
    Scholar

On the DVR/STB, in Recordings, if you highglight the show with multiple shows grouped, press the delete key on your remote.   It will ask you to confirm, and then BOOM.  All gone.

7 of 10 (10,296 Views)
    Solution
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 14, 2011 8:13:32 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Guru

Learn something new everyday, thanks bri_man Smiley Wink

8 of 10 (10,288 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 24, 2011 3:57:13 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

I don't understand your instructions.  I've deleted a series before using A-B-C buttons, but don't remember the proper sequence.

What is the DVR/STB? 

I don't get an option Delete the Series - only single episodes and it's driving me crazy!

9 of 10 (9,247 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 24, 2011 5:48:07 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

Yabrinya wrote:

I don't understand your instructions.  I've deleted a series before using A-B-C buttons, but don't remember the proper sequence.

What is the DVR/STB? 

I don't get an option Delete the Series - only single episodes and it's driving me crazy!

Re-read the messages above.  The instructions work to delete multiple episodes in a series recording.

DVR = Digital Video Recorder

STB = Set Top Box

10 of 10 (9,238 Views)