pistorin's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, August 7th, 2014 10:50 PM

DVR shows red x and the number 8

So, I did the unplug, wait 30 seconds and replug DVR thing three times. When the DVR finished rebooting, all I got was a red X and an 8 right below it. What is going on?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @pistorin,

After doing the non-destructive recovery and it still has that red X and the number 8, I am sad to say that it may be an issue with the DVR. You can try to reboot the DVR once more by unplugging the power and plugging it back to see if it comes up. I am so sorry about that, but if you are still having issues I will be happy to help get it replaced. I will send you a private message to help with that.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

In my experience with the red X accompanied by the number 8 I have found electric back feed to be a factor. That said if you were to get a repair ticket made ask the tech if he/she could install an ISOBAR after checking the outlet in use with a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter). I do hope this helps. I will also be monitoring this thread and updating if/when I find anymore info that may help.

-respectfully submitted,
Abe

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

We have had U-Verse for 2 months, and have been dealing with this the entire time.  I have performed the reset, 3 times, had AT&T check the signal twice, and, am now, attempting the "major" reboot.  Everytime I get in touch with a service agent, it seems like they try to not replace the box.  They have me do everything but replace the box.  Getting tired of this.  Cannot recommend AT&T, until I get this remedied.  I will post my response to the "major" reboot.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

So, still does not work.  I will attempt to get AT&T to replace the box.  If not, I am done with this service.  Good luck to anyone with this issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.