Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 2, 2014
7:19:34 PM
View profile
DVR pausing and freezing

I have two receivers.  This is a problem that occurs with the second receiver.

When I set up a recording and hit "Record," it pauses for several minutes.  If I press any button on the remote, it says "The DVR system is working.  Please try again."  When I attempt to delete a recording, it will freeze up when I press "Delete."  The menu screen only goes away when I turn the receiver off.

I have restarted both the receiver and modem a few times before, but this has no effect.  The problems persist.

Another thing I notice: sometimes the recordings will be listed as "No Info Available" instead of the program titles.

Has anyone experienced a problem like this before with their DVR?

I have two receivers.  This is a problem that occurs with the second receiver.

When I set up a recording and hit "Record," it pauses for several minutes.  If I press any button on the remote, it says "The DVR system is working.  Please try again."  When I attempt to delete a recording, it will freeze up when I press "Delete."  The menu screen only goes away when I turn the receiver off.

I have restarted both the receiver and modem a few times before, but this has no effect.  The problems persist.

Another thing I notice: sometimes the recordings will be listed as "No Info Available" instead of the program titles.

Has anyone experienced a problem like this before with their DVR?

(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 2, 2014 7:28:37 PM
(1)
Employee

This is more likely a corrupt device list in the RG.

Unplug both receivers, depress and hold the reset button on the back of RG by power connection for 10-15 seconds (till RG completely reboots).

Allow about 5 minutes or more for RG to complete load of newest software (if not current) and reboot.

Once RG is done, plug in DVR allow 5 minutes to boot and load.

After DVR is done, plug in other receiver and allow same five minutes before checking guide and DVR functions on receiver.

If above does not resolve, recommend factory resetting the receiver to insure current software.

This process will take about 15 minutes, if needed.

CAUTION, factory resetting RG restores all defaults including SSID and password, if you have made any changes to RG they will need to be changed again.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

DVR pausing and freezing

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 2, 2014 7:28:37 PM
(1)
Employee

Unplug both receivers, depress and hold the reset button on the back of RG by power connection for 10-15 seconds (till RG completely reboots).

Allow about 5 minutes or more for RG to complete load of newest software (if not current) and reboot.

After DVR is done, plug in other receiver and allow same five minutes before checking guide and DVR functions on receiver.

If above does not resolve, recommend factory resetting the receiver to insure current software.

CAUTION, factory resetting RG restores all defaults including SSID and password, if you have made any changes to RG they will need to be changed again.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: DVR pausing and freezing

2 of 5 (2,741 Views)
Solution
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2014 7:35:21 PM
(1)
Contributor

Thanks very much, this fixed the problem.

Thanks very much, this fixed the problem.

3 of 5 (2,688 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2016 4:55:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

I tried every solution on the website in the trouble shooting section, and this. I cannot get my U-Verse to stop freezing. It happens the most on our main wired-in receiver. Please advise.

I tried every solution on the website in the trouble shooting section, and this. I cannot get my U-Verse to stop freezing. It happens the most on our main wired-in receiver. Please advise.

4 of 5 (1,237 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2016 11:47:35 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hey @CourtSport, we're sorry about the service interruptions you are experiencing with your DVR. We'd be glad to help you diagnose the issue and make the recommendations to resolve this. Check out this Troubleshooting DVR thread for some steps on resetting your device.

Start with the Power Cycle (which is simply unplugging and plugging), then you can move to the Non-Destructive Recovery. If you are still experiencing issues with you DVR after that, perform a Disaster Recovery. Performing the disaster recovery will revert the device to its original factory state so it will remove recordings on the device.

***If the issue still persists after doing these, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. Have additional questions, post below or search our forums using the search bar above. Our community members post a lot of great answers!

For more assistance, send a brief message to ATTU-verseCare . Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hey @CourtSport, we're sorry about the service interruptions you are experiencing with your DVR. We'd be glad to help you diagnose the issue and make the recommendations to resolve this. Check out this Troubleshooting DVR thread for some steps on resetting your device.

Start with the Power Cycle (which is simply unplugging and plugging), then you can move to the Non-Destructive Recovery. If you are still experiencing issues with you DVR after that, perform a Disaster Recovery. Performing the disaster recovery will revert the device to its original factory state so it will remove recordings on the device.

***If the issue still persists after doing these, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. Have additional questions, post below or search our forums using the search bar above. Our community members post a lot of great answers!

For more assistance, send a brief message to ATTU-verseCare . Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

5 of 5 (1,197 Views)