For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
termit's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 4th, 2015 1:29 AM

DVR not recording some shows

Noticed last week that Big Bang Theory didn't record even though it's on the list of shows. I went to check the record settings and everything was correct but, when I tabbed over to see the episodes scheduled for future, it showed 0 episodes. The Big Bang Theory had 3 different listings on the Search screen. Two Search results showed 0 scheduled episodes and the other result showed 2 scheduled episodes. I have all 3 Search results on 3 different channels recording and looking at what my DVR has scheduled to record for Thursday has only 1 episode recording.

Tonight, I realized that NCIS isn't recording either. I saw the NCIS's new episode for tonight as I was scrolling through the Guide. I went the NCIS's record settings and again they're correct. Yet, when I tabbed over to the scheduled episodes for future showing, it shows a big fat 0. 

Not all the shows on the DVR are having this problem. Castle, Marvel's Agent Carter, Archer, etc are all recording episodes weekly. I unplugged the DVR and had it reboot. The DVR is still showing no NCIS episode for next week (2/10) but I know there's an episode, "Cadence".

Got this DVR on 11/10/14 and I remember NCIS recording before the holiday break. I don't remember if Big Bang Theory was.

What the heck is going on?!?

Guru

• 

921 Messages

9 years ago

Reboot DVR. If that doesn't work, do a NDDR by unpluging DVR, wait to see 3 dots, and unplug again. Repeat 2 times for a total of 3

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@termit There is a bug in Series Recordings that after awhile, they don't work anymore.

You have to go in and create another Series set-up for NCIS 2/10 and next Big Bang Theory, then go into Series Priority and delete the non-working Series for those two shows, will show O Scheduled.

Yours happened pretty quick as mine took years to happen.   I check Scheduled Recordings every day to see what's recording and think something's not there, I find out.

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.