For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
kymillie's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Monday, July 15th, 2013 7:38 PM

DVR Scheduling questions

Two things - 1. Scheduled DVR recordings start 2 minutes early and extend for 2 minutes after show is over. How can I fix that? 2. Also how do you extend a show's recorded time in case there is a sporting event that runs over and causes network shows to start later than schedule.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@olorin63 wrote:

Absolutely ridiculous, I agree.  Sadly, I've learned to double check which programs actually end up in the "scheduled" queue.  You can't just press "record episode" because the application ignores the actually program you selected from the guide, and offers up the first in some group of related programs.

For example, I selected the AFC championship game next week.  When the confirmation window popped up, just selecting "Record Episode" ended up scheduling the NFC championship game -- different time, different channel.

Also, when I selected tonights SportsCenter at 11:30pm on ESPN 602, the confirmation window defaulted to this afternoon's SportsCenter at 4pm on ESPNews 1604.

[I may go see "The Imitation Game" to get some pointers on incomprehensible algorithms]

Then you have something defective as everything I choose manually is what I get, never a screw-up like you are reporting.

Only thing I can see doing this is not having the specific program highlighted and it's the program before or after coming up, just my guess. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.  The behavior I am describing is when I use DVR manager on the web.  If I use the guide on the TV, the scheduling is fine.  It's only when setting up the DVR on the computer, and not the TV display and TV remote, that I have the problem.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@olorin63 wrote:

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.  The behavior I am describing is when I use DVR manager on the web.  If I use the guide on the TV, the scheduling is fine.  It's only when setting up the DVR on the computer, and not the TV display and TV remote, that I have the problem.

Got same thing w/Sports Center on 602 today and got 1604 on the pop-up box too.

Click the ATT Customer Care link in my signature, send the PM, explain your web remote situation.

Include your account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply.

They've figured out other problems on the web remote before, so maybe can about this.  Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

9 years ago

It's a big hassle when every recording you make starts 2 minutes early.  Who came up with that idea?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@mitchflorida wrote:

It's a big hassle when every recording you make starts 2 minutes early.  Who came up with that idea?

It's called "soft padding" with recordings starting 2 mins. before and 3 mins. after. 

I like it.  Smiley Very Happy

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

I like it, too. I prefer having unwanted extra to missing something. I cannot tell if there are early starts that I would have missed the beginning because I did not miss it.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

9 years ago

@mitchflorida wrote:

You can always quickly FF past the extra minute of soft padding in front of the show.  You cannot rewind to the beginning of a show that started before the recording did.  Soft padding is a good thing.

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

9 years ago

You may like the 2 minute padding,but I can't stand it.  ATT should give us the option to remove it, like all the other cable and satellite companies.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.