Posted Sep 14, 2013
12:09:30 PM
View profile
Can't find The Walking Dead to record

I recently upgraded to U200 and am excited to see the new season of The Walking Dead on AMC.  But when I search for it to record on my DVR, it is not found.  I've gotten online with the AMC TV website; I can see the new season starts on 13 Oct.  I've tried searching on UVerse.com, but no luck.  I can find other TV shows from AMC, like Breaking Bad, but its as if The Walking Dead show doesn't exist.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I recently upgraded to U200 and am excited to see the new season of The Walking Dead on AMC.  But when I search for it to record on my DVR, it is not found.  I've gotten online with the AMC TV website; I can see the new season starts on 13 Oct.  I've tried searching on UVerse.com, but no luck.  I can find other TV shows from AMC, like Breaking Bad, but its as if The Walking Dead show doesn't exist.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 14, 2013 1:53:23 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi snafu59,

I apologize for the inconveniences with your web remote DVR. It sounds like you are still using the old site. Please, try using uverseonline.att.net. I have just tested on my side, and it everything appears to be working.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Can't find The Walking Dead to record

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 14, 2013 12:14:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Since the start of the new season is over a month away, that program is not listed in the Guide; therefore, you will not find it with a search.  The Guide only lists programming for the next 14 days.

Since the start of the new season is over a month away, that program is not listed in the Guide; therefore, you will not find it with a search.  The Guide only lists programming for the next 14 days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can't find The Walking Dead to record

2 of 13 (7,570 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 12:15:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Sep 14, 2013 at 12:16:36 PM

Terhunt wrote:

The guide has a two week window.  Anything beyond 9/28 is not showing up.

Edit....great minds TG...great minds.  :smileywink:

Terhunt wrote:

The guide has a two week window.  Anything beyond 9/28 is not showing up.

Edit....great minds TG...great minds.  :smileywink:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 13 (7,566 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 12:21:18 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you, was seriously thinking I had lost my mind...2 more weeks, then I can set it up...got it!
Thank you, was seriously thinking I had lost my mind...2 more weeks, then I can set it up...got it!

4 of 13 (7,550 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 2:49:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

this thread is not solved at all.  It is now Oct. 12, and I search uverse guide online for Walking Dead, and all I get is Search Failed.  It will not show any walking dead episodes upcoming, even though the new season is now upon us.  I like to use the online guide to do my DVR recording, but I can't for Walking Dead.

this thread is not solved at all.  It is now Oct. 12, and I search uverse guide online for Walking Dead, and all I get is Search Failed.  It will not show any walking dead episodes upcoming, even though the new season is now upon us.  I like to use the online guide to do my DVR recording, but I can't for Walking Dead.

5 of 13 (7,184 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 10:06:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
This thread is solved. Look at channel 795/1795 in the Guide on Oct 13th at 8:00 pm CT. I can find it by searching. I don't know why you are having a problem.
This thread is solved. Look at channel 795/1795 in the Guide on Oct 13th at 8:00 pm CT. I can find it by searching. I don't know why you are having a problem.

6 of 13 (7,172 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 12:45:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

i get into the online guide.  start typing walking dead, and the guide brings up suggestions... such as Walking Tall, The Walking Dead, etc.  I click on Walking Dead, and get Search Failed, please try again.

ok, I just figured out something else.  Nothing I search for will come up.

So it's not just walking dead.  My search just doesn't work at all anymore.  been using it for years.  no longer works.  I just searched on Law & Order, which is probably on 10 different channels every day of the week... and I got Search failed.

If I knew what channel and what time everything I want is on, I wouldn't need to search for stuff...

I

i get into the online guide.  start typing walking dead, and the guide brings up suggestions... such as Walking Tall, The Walking Dead, etc.  I click on Walking Dead, and get Search Failed, please try again.

ok, I just figured out something else.  Nothing I search for will come up.

So it's not just walking dead.  My search just doesn't work at all anymore.  been using it for years.  no longer works.  I just searched on Law & Order, which is probably on 10 different channels every day of the week... and I got Search failed.

If I knew what channel and what time everything I want is on, I wouldn't need to search for stuff...

I

7 of 13 (7,149 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 14, 2013 1:53:23 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi snafu59,

I apologize for the inconveniences with your web remote DVR. It sounds like you are still using the old site. Please, try using uverseonline.att.net. I have just tested on my side, and it everything appears to be working.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi snafu59,

-David T

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 13 (7,062 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 7:58:29 PM
(0)
Tutor

thanks.  I didn't know there was a newer site.  I still had the site that the uverse installer put in my browser when he installed uverse.

you're right, new site works fine.

thanks.  I didn't know there was a newer site.  I still had the site that the uverse installer put in my browser when he installed uverse.

you're right, new site works fine.

9 of 13 (7,024 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 8:57:50 AM
(0)
Community Support

You are very welcome! Thank you for updating us, and I am glad everything is working now.

-David T

You are very welcome! Thank you for updating us, and I am glad everything is working now.

-David T

10 of 13 (7,009 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2013 11:57:48 AM
(0)
Tutor

+1. None of the tech support reps I spoke to the other day knew ANYTHING about a newer remote site. The repeated failure of the search function there (among several other complaints I had) has been a major headache for at least 6 months now.

+1. None of the tech support reps I spoke to the other day knew ANYTHING about a newer remote site. The repeated failure of the search function there (among several other complaints I had) has been a major headache for at least 6 months now.

11 of 13 (6,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 12:25:28 PM
(0)
Contributor
David, I was having this same problem for some time also. Your solution worked for me.

But FYI, the main live http://www.att.com site still redirects me to the old site.

Steps to reproduce:
- att.com/uverse

- Hover over Digital TV, click on Access My DVR

- I'm already logged into my yahoo main under a different account.
So I get redirected to: http://uversetv.att.yahoo.com/wra/uverse/invalid_account
and get error message:

You are signed in with your Yahoo! ID: XXXX
To use this service, you must have Advanced TV service from AT&T and sign in with your AT&T ID.

- I log in and it redirects me to:
http://uversetv.att.yahoo.com/wra/uverse/

- Search input on right side of guide always fails with the error message, "Search failed, please try again."
David, I was having this same problem for some time also. Your solution worked for me.

But FYI, the main live http://www.att.com site still redirects me to the old site.

Steps to reproduce:
- att.com/uverse

- Hover over Digital TV, click on Access My DVR

- I'm already logged into my yahoo main under a different account.
So I get redirected to: http://uversetv.att.yahoo.com/wra/uverse/invalid_account
and get error message:

You are signed in with your Yahoo! ID: XXXX
To use this service, you must have Advanced TV service from AT&T and sign in with your AT&T ID.

- I log in and it redirects me to:
http://uversetv.att.yahoo.com/wra/uverse/

- Search input on right side of guide always fails with the error message, "Search failed, please try again."

12 of 13 (5,604 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 1:13:57 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi Ezrac,

Thank you for letting us know. I will definitely convey this information over.

-David T

Hi Ezrac,

Thank you for letting us know. I will definitely convey this information over.

-David T

13 of 13 (5,600 Views)