evigil's profile

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

Thursday, March 13th, 2014 2:32 AM

Can I un-cancel series recordings? Or re-schedule if it's not back on soon?

The way network shows disappear temporarily from the schedule and reappear unexpectedly, the Uverse series record feature is very helpful.

Several time now, while checking a series recording's settings, I've hit "cancel" thinking it's like most pop-up menus and I'm just cancelling any changes to the settings.  Instead, I'm cancelling the scheduled series recording.   Is there perhaps an "undo" option for this?  (I'm guessing I'm not the only one who's done this;  it'd be nice if it was more clearly labeled, perhaps as "cancel series recording".)

Since the series may not be coming back for a month or two, I don't think I can find it in the program guide to reschedule it.  Is there any way to schedule a series other than through the program schedule listings?

Thanks,

Ed

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

evigil - I have had the exact same experience on other web sites - Is the cancel button canceling my current activity or the previous embedded basic setting (that I do not want to change).
Also, I used to be too fast erasing shows & thought there should be a restore after erase. But, I have not done that in a long time.
There is no restore on any activity in u-verse.
I do see the problem finding shows to reset a series. I experienced that also when I did not want to build up daily shows while I was away. I thought there sh;ould be a way to keep the record & turn off the recording.
I do think the button is adequately labeled - Cancel series - And, it has a second chance, are you sure. Although, cancel should be reserved for "canceling" current input. Delete or erase are much better choices for clearing the embedded record.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

9 years ago

"....there should be a restore after erase."

I could not agree more. Since there is only one list of recorded shows one of us accidently erasing a recording before the other has watched it is a problem. TiVo puts "erased" recordings into a "Recently Deleted" folder from which you can manually remove it totally or the system removes programs from that folder, oldest first, if space is needed for new recordings.

A "Wish List" function would be nice, too. 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@GPM75070 wrote:

"....there should be a restore after erase."

I could not agree more. Since there is only one list of recorded shows one of us accidently erasing a recording before the other has watched it is a problem. TiVo puts "erased" recordings into a "Recently Deleted" folder from which you can manually remove it totally or the system removes programs from that folder, oldest first, if space is needed for new recordings.

A "Wish List" function would be nice, too. 

And that might be just why Uverse can't do it.  Tivo is very sue happy when another provider puts a feature on their DVR that even smells like one of their own.

Tivo had actually sued ATT over Uverse's Scheduled Recordings, they came to an agreement where Tivo got richer.  They've sued Dish and won, so providers are leery of Tivo suing them over a new feature. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.