For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
RCSMG's profile

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

Tuesday, May 29th, 2012 1:15 AM

Another Loss

My family and I were watching "The Unit" about 3 hours ago.  The picture froze, and then started ff, and rew and I couldn't control it.  Then the DVR just locked up.  I did a soft boot, got nothing.  Did a hard boot got nothing.  When DVR finally came back all recordings were gone. Smiley Sad Oh the humanity!!!

Talked to tech support for about  an hour or so and they couldn't get my recordings restored.  A tech is scheduled for Thursday (which was unexpected because I usually get one out either the same or next day.)  I had just gotten my recorded shows selection pretty big. 

At first the DVR showed 90% space available and 26 hours of SD and 9 houirs of HD recording space remaining.  While I was sitting there looking at the available space screen it changed to 89% space available and 25 hours of SD and 9 hours of HD recording space remaining.

The CSR said the problem appears to be in a line outside of my home.  Which is why my DVRs keep failing.  We will see.  I had several season finales recorded, and I discovered that the big 3 as well as other networks don't replay all of their shows on demand.  And The Discovery Channel doesn't show any.

Bummer man.Smiley Frustrated

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

It just might be that 2250 they sent you, many of the same things have happened to 2250 users previously.  Still

glad I have my original 1216.

RC, since they said it was line problems, did you see any problems on Realtime? Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

The original 2250 began not playing back my recorded programs after a few weeks after I got it.  I had it replaced with a 1225 which I was very happy with.  As I stated in my original post the problem began yesterday evening.  I had an appointment scheduled for Thursday for a tech to come and check my service.

Last night at about midnight my tv screen went black and the DVR locked up again.  I did a soft reboot and after a few minutes I got the dreaded red X and two dots.  I decided to call TS to see if I could get and earlier tech visit scheduled.  The CSR set it up for today between 8am and 12pm.

Here is where things are at this time.  The tech showed up at about 11am and I told him what the CSR said.  Neither of us had heard that  bad line could cause a DVR to fail.  We both agreed that some of the ATT CSRs are not the most knowledgeable people for Uverse.  He checked my lines and they were good.  He replaced a couple of coax connectors that the installer missed, and added a couple of filters.

I was hoping he would be replacing my 1225 DVR with another 1225.  Well now I have another 2250.Smiley Surprised  He stated that they are having to replace lots of DVRs as of late, especially 2250s.  I have noticed that this new 2250 responds a lot faster than the first 2250 and the 1225 that I had.  Hopefully my DVR issues are behind me.  But my 12 year old daughter and I agree, we should have kept our original 1216.  We didn't have any problems then.  I even said a prayer for my new equipment.  I'll take help from anywhere in order to keep this equipment working.  This is the third time I have lost lots of recorded programs.

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

12 years ago

Line issues making DVR go bad? sounds like they're not related at all. Might be some problems, but it just doesn't make any sense for the DVR to fail because of it. They must have been reaching...

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

I know better than that.  The CSR said she had never heard of anyone losing all of their recordings before, but I have.  Anyway a tech is scheduled to come and check the lines and replace the DVR again.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

It just might be that 2250 they sent you, many of the same things have happened to 2250 users previously.  Still

glad I have my original 1216.

RC, since they said it was line problems, did you see any problems on Realtime? Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I have lost all of my recordings three times now. The first one was caused by a hard drive crash, and the last two were caused by who knows what. It's very frustrating and makes DISH and Direct TV more appealing every day.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.