For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
dustinschultz's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 28th, 2014 3:57 AM

Allow users to keep specific number of episodes on DVR

It would be incredibly useful to allow users to select an option on DVR series recordings which would keep a specified number of episodes.  Currently the only options are to keep until user deletes, or keep until space is needed.  Parents in particular like to record several different kids shows that our kids like to see, but don't want to have to delete dozens of shows a day to free up space on the DVR.  Instead, allowing the series recording option to keep 5, 10 etc episodes and delete the oldest would keep a rolling set of fresh shows for the kids, but keep DVR space managable.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@dustinschultz wrote:

It would be incredibly useful to allow users to select an option on DVR series recordings which would keep a specified number of episodes.  Currently the only options are to keep until user deletes, or keep until space is needed.  Parents in particular like to record several different kids shows that our kids like to see, but don't want to have to delete dozens of shows a day to free up space on the DVR.  Instead, allowing the series recording option to keep 5, 10 etc episodes and delete the oldest would keep a rolling set of fresh shows for the kids, but keep DVR space managable.  

There is a choice of keeping 1,2,3,5,7 episodes in the series info. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATTUverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@dustinschultz - Chris (@mibrnsurg ) is correct, however, those number of episodes to keep type features are only available via your TV.  So, if you use an app to start a series recording the only "keep" options are until I delete or until space is needed.  If you wish to keep say 7 episodes, you will have to make that change when you are home, via Series Info.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

Perhaps it would have helped if you specified that your comment was regarding the apps in your original post. To me it also sounded like you are talking about an option that does exist. 

I agree, it would be helpful if this was available when scheduling from iPhones or other apps.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.