clbowens's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, July 31st, 2014 4:14 PM

AMC surround sound audio dropout

Does anybody else have problems with AMC in surround sound?  When I have it set to that, I get a lot of audio dropouts.  This is for live and recorded TV.  Also, this is on the HD channel.  I have not tried non-HD.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @clbowens,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with the sound on the AMC channel. Is your U-verse Set Top Box connected to a receiver? Also, are you using optical cables, RCA cables, or an HDMI cable? 

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am having this same issue. It is very annoying, as the sound will drop out for about 2 full seconds. This is occurring about every 5 minutes. It is happening on all of the boxes in my home. I have 2 wireless ISB7005 boxes, and one wired ISB7500. Did you ever get this resolved? If so, how?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@cmdifiore wrote:
I am having this same issue. It is very annoying, as the sound will drop out for about 2 full seconds. This is occurring about every 5 minutes. It is happening on all of the boxes in my home. I have 2 wireless ISB7005 boxes, and one wired ISB7500. Did you ever get this resolved? If so, how?

I'd do a whole house reboot.

Unplug the RG and DVR and STB(s)and any WAP for wireless receiver(s), wait 30 seconds and plug the RG back in.

When that turns all green, then plug the DVR back in and wait until it reboots. Then if there is a WAP, plug it in and let it turn green.

Then plug in the STB(s), wait til it reboots and see if sound drop outs end.  Pretty weird to get them on all units.

Acronym Guide so you understand all terms: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/17724

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I have the same problem, but only like every 15-20 minutes. It only happens on AMC, so I'm inclined to think it's on their end

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

My Uverse STB is only connected to the TV with an HDMI cable.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.