Help for your devices & games
islandguy808's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, June 4th, 2019 1:52 PM

no notification while text is open

This is an old problem that either AT&T or Samsung are unwilling to correct. The problem is, you send a text and receive a reply, but there is no notification sound or vibration while the text is open. ATT says, you don't need the distraction of a notification if you're looking at your phone. Hey ATT why not let me decide how much distraction I want in my life? Also if you're like me, I don't send a text and keep staring at my phone until I get a reply. People have suggested just use one of the many other text apps out there. The problem with that is if you own a Gear S3 smart watch the native text app will only work with the native ATT text app on both the phone and the watch. You don't even get a notification on your watch when the text is open! There are work arounds, Verizon's text app works the S3 or you can, like I did, pay for and app called Pulse. Downside with Pulse is it doesn't look as good at the native ATT app on the S3. it does notify you while the text is open on your phone.

I cannot find anything online that will fix this. There has got to be a solution. Has anyone made an add on app that will do this? Does either ATT or Samesung plan on making this customizable? very frustrating!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

I have Verizon prepaid on a pixel 3 XL.  Using Verizon message+,   I get a ‘delivered’ notice as a pop up on the text message itself.  No sound, no vibration, no other notice other than ‘delivered’ on the text box. 

That’s all.  

So why is this a problem that Samsung or At&t needs to fix? 

4289F717-CA76-4B0D-81B8-95D564D1C4B6.jpeg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Maybe you don't understand what my question was. The notification I'm talking about  is for incoming text messages not outgoing ones. I don't care if my message was delivered. But I do want to be alerted when I receive an incoming text without having to be staring at my phone. Also, this is a forum for AT&T customers not Verizon, what may happen on your phone doesn't necessarily happen on ours. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

I am both an AT&T and a Verizon customer. I do not use Samsung phones anymore.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.