Help for your devices & games
survient's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 11th, 2014 6:00 PM

Ringback Tones discontinued

Under the AT&T ringback tones page it is showing the service is to be discontinued at the end of the year:

http://rbt.att.com/faq

Generally I find the service annoying when others use it but there are a few specific cases where it can be helpful. In my case if you're on-call for your job you want a clear indicator for the people reaching out to you that they are calling a personal number after-hours which should be for emergencies only. AT&T has no mechansim to record your own message to these Ringback tones are the next best thing to let your callers know they're dialing a cell number. 

There are workarounds out there such as tunneling through Google voice but keeping it all under AT&T would keep things simple and easy.

Does anybody know if AT&T is rolling in a replacement service, maybe through a 3rd party provider or is this the end of AT&T offering any kind of service along these lines? Thanks.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

10 years ago

This is the first time I heard about. Actually, I saw the same notice in my AT&T Ringback Tone app today in my cell. Also, I noticed app is sort of white out, never dawn on me until now.Smiley Tongue

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

If true, it's disappointing. My RBTs reflect my personality and my callers always love them. Hopefully, there will be other options.

Guru

• 

115 Messages

10 years ago

I got scolding from my mother because the Monday night football theme was too loud and you couldn't adjust the volume. Never used it since.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

YouMail is a wonderful app I have that can record individual messages for your callers. I currently have over 50 personalized voicemail greetings for my callers. You can record it yourself or pick from the ones they have. Or you can choose the smart greeting where it says the name of the person who the phone is registered to. I love that app...and it is free.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.