Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do I report a fraudulent phone number?

Contributor

How do I report a fraudulent phone number?

I received a call yesterday from 585-479-8489 and they left a recorded voicemail message saying I had charges against me and would be taken into custody and I wanted to report it because AT&T Call Protect did not flag the number. How can I communicate this information. I already blocked the number on my phone and submitted it to the national Do Not Call website.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: How do I report a fraudulent phone number?

Don’t bother, the number it came from was likely not the real number anyway. Flagging it in the call protect app is about all you can do. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: How do I report a fraudulent phone number?

I always tell them to come get me, I’m a hopeless deadbeat.  They hang up.   🤣

Most If these are spoofed numbers.  Don’t answer a number you don’t know.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support