Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do I report a fraudulent phone number?

Contributor

How do I report a fraudulent phone number?

I received a call yesterday from 585-479-8489 and they left a recorded voicemail message saying I had charges against me and would be taken into custody and I wanted to report it because AT&T Call Protect did not flag the number. How can I communicate this information. I already blocked the number on my phone and submitted it to the national Do Not Call website.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: How do I report a fraudulent phone number?

Don’t bother, the number it came from was likely not the real number anyway. Flagging it in the call protect app is about all you can do. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: How do I report a fraudulent phone number?

I always tell them to come get me, I’m a hopeless deadbeat.  They hang up.   🤣

Most If these are spoofed numbers.  Don’t answer a number you don’t know.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support