For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Help for your devices & games
snivens's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 1st, 2014 9:40 PM

Beats Canceled for me...

I am not an iPhone user, it's just not my cup of tea. So when I went to android 6 years ago I struggled to have access to music downloads. When Spotify came out I was thrilled, but at&t started offering beats soon after and some of the perks they offered made me switch. My husband and I shared a Spotify account but we couldn't listen to different music simultaniously. Beats made it easier to have our own play lists (all 5 people on my plan) and listen to it whenever or however we wanted to. I also liked the convenience of paying for the subscription through my cell phone bill. However, last night during a Halloween party that I was hosting, we received a text message saying our beats membership had been cancelled unbeknownst to us. I also received an email from Beats this morning saying my account had been canceller. I did some more research today and found that beats has been purchased by Apple and that there was a possibility that At&t would no longer offer the sercices. I went to the At&t website and found this
"Effective October 15, 2014, AT&T will no longer offer new subscriptions to Beats MusicTM service to its customers. If you already have Beats Music service on your account, you can keep it until you remove the service or until we notify you that the service is no longer available. Beats Music is still available at Beatsmusic.com, Apple's App Store and Google Play."
Just a statement put on the website, no email, no text notification, nothing!

The last sentence states "you can keep it until you remove the service or until we notify you that the service is no longer available". But i did not remove it, nor was I notified that I'd be losing it. I am so irritated. Forced out of it for At&T's convenience. Just like I was forced out of my grandfathered unlimited data by ever slowing data speeds!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

Just spoke with AT&T they still offer Beats Family Plan $15.99, which I have. Was transferred to Beats Music customer service & told to log out & login. Everyone of my 5 lines are working properly. Beats Music had a glitch. Hope this helps😉

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I was totally in shock when I turned on my beats music app before my morning jog! No warning, no notification, just canceled all the family plans under AT&T! Nevertheless, I paid $10 a month to carry on the subscription because both me and my husband really like the service.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

Mines canceled also. I need a a refund. Being a so called Valued customer a notification would have nice.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.