CFernando717's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, April 6th, 2014 5:53 PM

"STRICT" NAT on 2 Xbox 360 's same Network

Ok here it goes, I have ATT Uverse Internet and TV service, the 18mbps speed. I've been having ATT fir a couple years now after switching from Comcast. I mainly use internet for online gaming. I own 2 Xbox 360's and I hadn't had a problem with my connection until this year.
The problem I'm having is that for some reason I am either not able to find games when trying to play online, or I can join but the connection speed makes it unplayable, OR the game kicks me because of my internet connection. The only game I play is FIFA 14. I've troubleshooted my XboxLive connection on both Xbox 360's and it says the problem is thhat the NAT type is set to STRICT on one XBOX and MODERATE on the other XBOX. Someone please help. I signed up for Connect Tech for $15/month and they couldn't even fix it. They tried port opening/forwarding but it didn't work, so I pretty much signed up for nothing and it's av12 month subscription. I even gave them a list of additional ports that the gave developers (EA Sports) gave me but still no luck.
My setup is the following: I have the HGV-3801 2WiRE Gateway. The 2 Xbox 360's are then connected to the Gateway via Cat-5 Ethernet cables. That is all.
Please help me, I really don't want to have to cancel my ATT Service but it'll leave me no choice if the problem isn't resolved. Thank you for your time.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Short answer: Buy your own router that has UPnP capability and place it behind the RG (see post 2 in this thread).  Connect the two XBOX's to this router.  Realize that UPnP is designed to allow software on the XBOX to open up your network to outside parties without your knowledge.

If you want more details, search these forums for XBOX NAT and I'm sure you'll find a wealth of details.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

On page 50 of this manual

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R7000/R7000_UM_10Oct13.pdf

it tells you how to turn on UPnP.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Jeffer. I stopped @ Best Buy and got the NETGEAR AC1900 (or R7000 whatever you wanna call it lol). I will be setting up the router behind my AT&T 2WiRE Gateway tonight. I hope it solves the problem. Does anyone know if this specific NETGEAR router has multiple console support? As I said before, I've got 2 Xbox 360's on the same network and I just need to have open NAT on both of them. Any advice is welcome, thanks!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Perfect, thanks for all your help!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.