For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
lloyde12000's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, April 11th, 2013 4:54 AM

how do i connect a wifi printer to my home network?

I'm a newbie to UVerse. After the installers left, I found that my printer is not working -- not printing. I get a "printer not found" message instead. What do I do now?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

lloyde12000, I am thinking the reason it is no longer working is because you have a new wireless network. If that's the case, all that needs to be done is connecting the printer backup wirelessly. To do so, you just need to locate your wireless network name (SSID) and wireless key and input that information into your printer. That information can be found on a sticker on your U-verse gateway.

After you obtain the information, you just need to enter it into your wireless printer. All printers are different, so hopefully you are able to locate the instruction manual. If not, feel free to post the make and model of your printer and maybe someone in this community has that printer or a similar one that can walk you through it step by step.

Scholar

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Hello! Please take a look at our Connectech support services by visiting http://att.com/connectech or calling 1-866-294-3464. We provide the following (a whole lot more!) that can help you to resolve your printer issue!

AT&T ConnecTech takes the hassle of computer and home network set-up off of your shoulders. If your computer is running slow or crashing, AT&T ConnecTech experts can get you the solutions you need. With AT&T ConnecTech, you can get the fast, expert help you need, when you need it. Learn more about AT&T ConnecTech solutions:

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello lloyde12000, have you been able to restore the use of your printer on your new network? If not, let me know what printer you have and I will be glad to research the specific steps to update the wireless settings.Smiley Happy

Former Employee

• 

120 Messages

11 years ago

Try this. (From the HP website)

The Wireless Setup Wizard

1. Make sure you know your network name and your security password (WEP or WPA). 
  2. On the printer's control panel, press the Setup button and then select the Network menu. 
    The Wireless Setup Wizard displays a list of wireless networks in the area.
  3. Select your wireless network's name from the list. 
  4. Enter your WEP key or WPA passphrase.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Yes. I have connected my printer successfully. Thanks for your good help.

lloyde12000

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Paul I have the same problem.  I have a HP 3521 all in one printer.  Is this still the same steps

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I don't have a printer control panel----At&T just installed a new router in the house and I don't know how to get the printer connected to the new Network/IP address? It's still reading thte old one?  The test page prints easily but nothing else---it's a HP Laserjet 1102w?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Have been having the same problem for a couple of months! Now it won't even print when I use the usb cord...HP Deskjet 3052A

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Just moved to a new home and trying to reconnnext my Wireless HP 3510 printer to my new home network? Any suggestions...

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Sydney23 - If the printer supports WPS you can use that -

Go to   - http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1 & enable WPS in u-verse. YOu can "press the button" on that page & will need the RG gui password. Also, "press the button" on the printer. when both are active with WPS they will connect.

Or

Use the wizard in the printer to find your network & enter the password to connect.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.