ukarnaj's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 12:10 AM

Closed

cannot connect wireless printer

I recently bought a wireless printer. When going through the initial setup, it was able to connect and work automatically with my linksys wireless router. It ran the WPA process itself!  Now, i have U-Verse and i've tried everything I can think of to connect and i still haven't been successful - any ideas?   Here's what i've tried so far:

Tried WPA (pushed button on router while going through setup process on printer)

Followed some resources online and went to http://homeportal.  Found that WPA was disabled, so i turned it on and tried again.

Opted to try the PIN from the printer.  Have generated and entered a PIN multiple times, but it still will not connect.

Tried changing the router to channel 11 and going through same processes again

i still cannot get this printer to connect to the wireless network.

Any ideas?   i've spent at least 3 hours on this so far and several days and it's getting frustrating.  😞  Otherwise, i am super happy with U-Verse thus far (was previously on Time Warner)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi David

I'm having a similar problem.  

I just purchased a new wireless Epson printer and the drivers were downloaded fine when I did so wirelessly.  However, the printer's network connection printout  said there was a router/access point channel conflict. So, I then connected my laptop directly to the printer and all went fine and yet I still have a "router/access point channel conflict" message.

I think I need to disable whatever security is in the new Netgear 7550 ADSL2+ router which I just purchased last month.  Can you let me know how? Or if this is not the problem, what else should I try?

Thank you

Terri

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hello there,

I need the steps you mentioned WPS - I couldnt connect with rerunning the installation cd. thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I need the same information

It works fine then says router/access point

channel conflict.

I believe it has to do with the directv recording 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I am having the same issue and my printer printed off a page saying I needed to disable MAC or add the device to allowed devices.  Where do I add thisprinter ?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

What are the steps to change the wps function with the modem?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

RE: What are the steps to change the wps function with the modem?

Look at - http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1

Change disabled to enabled

You can als activate the button there ( you will need gui password)

Notice save button is scroll down to bottom of page if you need to save.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Please tell me steps to cut on WSP for wireless printer

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

What is a gui password

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Where do I go to enable WSP

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Help my printer won't set up wireless to my ATT u uverse router
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.