pacman_85's profile

Explorer

• 

22 Messages

Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 7:26 PM

Closed

XBox One

So after Microsoft's initial XBox One console reveal and E3 I have some quesitons are am seeing if any of you guys found the answers that I didn't.  TV was a big part of the XBox One reveal but word got out that you will still have to have a cable box to plug into the HDMI In on the back of the system and HDMI Out to the TV.  Now I guess this is good as it cuts down on the number of inputs you have to use but have they said anything specific for UVerse and XBox One like they did for the XBox 360 where you didn't even need the cable box anymore?  It seems like UVerse was the only cable company to offer an entier app that provided the full cable box functionality and channel selection and I was wondering if something like that is coming to the XBox One.  Anyone know?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

pacman, 

I just got my XBox One yesterday, and configured it up with my TVand U-Verse. I had a similar problem when I tried telling it that I had a Motorola box. What resolved it for me was to change the type from Motorola to just AT&T U-Verse. I believe it corrected it back to either ATT or AT&T, I do not remember, and I am not in front of it now.

After I got the TV working, and it proceeded to this step, the default entry was AT&T U-Verse when it asked what my STB was. I figured I would put in the exact model, but that did not work like you indicated. I then thought I would try AT&T U-Verse since that is what it suggested, and that made everything work.

Regards

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I got the notice yesterday.  Just 2 days before I was able to plug my Xbox 360 into my Xbox One and use it as a cable box.  It actually turns it on and changes the channels just like a real stb.  Hearing this news just makes me sick.  I now have the ultimate home theater set up.  Too bad that I will only get to enjoy it for a month before it's gone. 

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

What notice?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Try Google with this search term:

AT&T U-verse Xbox 360 end

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

I just did an online chat with thier support people and they claim they know nothing about it.  They have no information that support will be discontinued.  I'm hoping they had second thoughts.  I have 3 boxes working this way and I don't want to have to deal with putting in those stupid cable boxes.  I've been using it since it came out and never received any direct communication from them stating they plan to kill it. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@kjdinoc wrote:

I just did an online chat with thier support people and they claim they know nothing about it.  They have no information that support will be discontinued.  I'm hoping they had second thoughts.  I have 3 boxes working this way and I don't want to have to deal with putting in those stupid cable boxes.  I've been using it since it came out and never received any direct communication from them stating they plan to kill it. 

Apparently it is not as popular as they had hoped.  They had started a redesign project last fall to fit into the more modern Xbox landscape.  That project has now been cancelled, which led to this announcement.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@kjdinoc wrote:

You should have gotten an email from AT&T regarding this decision. I got one not long after seeing it on the board.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

If they don't have an e-mail for you, they would have sent it via snail mail.  But if you had an old e-mail —or one you don't read much —on file for communication, it would be there.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.