rtully72's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, December 25th, 2011 10:42 PM

Uverse Router Drops WiFi Connection with Android(s)

The gateway I use with Uverse continues to drop the wi-fi connections with my Kindle Fire and LG Thrill which are both Androids.  I am not sure if that is the issue because my work laptop running XP won't connect either, but not to converned with that, I hard wire it anyway.  Now, here is the kicker, 3 iPhones, an iPad and Xbox all connect with no issue.  The only way my Androids will connect is if I reboot the system.  Stays connected for several hours, then drops.......try to connect, prompts me for my security logon, attempts to connect and then tells me my security logon is incorrect....and I know it's not.

I have assigned a private fixed ip address to both devices, stull will not connect.  When I reboot the system, it defaults back to private from pool!!!!

Please HELP! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Not really...it's AT&T's property not mine. Anyway, finally got the issue fixed. The router was assigning the incorrect DNS. I used the static ip setup on the Kindle and works fine.....i just have to remember when i switch to another wireless network, to turn off this function on the Kindle...kind of a pain, oh well what can you do.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

Hang on, Someone will be along to offer you suggestions/solutions.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

How much longer should I hold on?

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

Please take a look at this potential solution and see if it corrects your issue:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/Residential-Gateway-DHCP-issue-AGAIN-and-AGAIN-and-AGAIN/m-p/2982943#M2964

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Going on 8 hours and all is good.  Changing to  WPA2-PSK (AES) seemed to work!  Thanks for the assistance! 

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Well, spoke prematurely.......wi-fi on Kindle and LG phone dropped......Now, my daughters and wifes iPhone connects but cannpt get to the internet.....but my iPhone can?????  this is REALLY becoming very annoying!  I guess i have to call AT&T.  

Spoiler

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Ridcolus!!  After speaking to Carl from India, he couldn't help me....sent me to tier 2 support where I was able to talk to an American, she said i needed to go to the next level which would cost me $10 bucks a month, they would help me!  I declined.  I think i may go back to Comcast where I control the wireless router!  

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

You control the Wireless in the router now. Smiley Wink

What changed since the last time when you posted it was working?

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1
Make sure the WIRELESS CHANNEL is NOT set to Auto.  Pick another Channel and hit Save at the bottom.

To find out which channels your neighbors are using, download inSSIDer
Find a channel that is not being used by many, and/or one that is not overlapping others on the graph.

Detailed info about Wireless Interference can be found in this post.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.