vinwill1's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, December 19th, 2011 9:54 PM

U Verse receiver and play station 3

Can you connect a playstation3 to the hdmi port of a u verse receiver? Cisco ISB 7500 We have wireless Internet, but the TVdownstairs seems to be out of range. Off topic a bit, I figured out "PM-private message/ RG-residential gateway" but am stuck on STB. Is there a place where abbrev.'s are defined? And sorry, what are tags? Yes I am new to the forums. Thamks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

12 years ago

Physically, yes you can connect a U-Verse receiver to a playstation 3 via HDMI, but it wouldn't work.

If you're trying to get your PS3 onto the internet, if your U-Verse receiver's is connected to your gateway via coax, you should be able to use the Ethernet port on the back of it and connect it to your playstation to get internet access on the playstation.

The STB acronym is short for Set Top Box, also known as your U-Verse receiver. As for tags, they're someone a few users add to posts to help people find certain topics when searching the board. Personally, I don't use them but I see the usefulness for those who do use them.

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

Both are output devices. Connecting them both would prov what?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks. Its obvious now.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I was hoiping to connect to the Internet that way.. To use netflix . Guess that won't work . Smile

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

12 years ago

Well you should be able to connect the two boxes togther via an ethernet cable get your Netflix fix (try saying that 3 times fast...backwards) on the PS3.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.