mtavery24's profile

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 3:32 PM

U-Verse Xbox 360 Integration

Has their been any talk on when U-Verse will be integrated in with Xbox 360?  I thought this was suppose to happen towards beginning of this year?  Both Verizon FIOS and Comcast Infinity have integration but where in U-Verse?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Why is ATT discontinuing these capable machines as recievers? I paid for xbox gold on two boxes (~$120), and remotes/setups and have been happily using these along with our main reciever for service. What is the reason to discontinue them now and with only a 1 month warning? I am unhappy with this decision because we are already paying for a HUGE cable bill in which we are forced to purchase hundreds of worthless tv channels just to get the 8-10 that we usually watch, rent one current dvr reciever per month, AND have paid for the aformentioned fees to setup and run uverse from two xbox 360s. We also have 2 iphones with data from ATT. Are you not making enough money from all of us to be able to continue to provide this simple service? This was one of the main reasons that I stayed with ATT. I do not want to have an extra reciever taking up space, along with a tv and an xbox, in every room. After my contract ends, I will not be renewing with ATT. I consider this to be a blatantly greedy move. -a very unhappy customer.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

I don't blame you for being upset.  I had a device that AT&T sold called "HomeManager".  Was, if I remember correctly, about $350.  Had a 6 inch screen and you could get your VM along with other goodies, and I had 4 cordless handsets that worked with it.

I had it for about 9 months to a year and BAM!!  AT&T shut down the HomeManager server so the only thing that worked anymore was the cordless phones.  Pretty expensive cordless solution I had left.

I know it doesn't answer or address your situation but to let you know AT&T does this "stuff" time to time.  I guess this is one of those times. 

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

U-Verse is dropping Xbox 360 support receiver after Decemeber 31, 2013. AT&T is now telling customers that it will drop IPTV support for Microsoft's older console after December 31st, leaving viewers with little choice but to use a conventional set-top box. Subscribers will get a $99 credit in return for their troubles, the provider says.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

This is the latest in a series of moves by AT&T to show me how much they value my business. Come January, I will show them my appreciation by reducing the number of bills they send out each month by one. Thanks AT&T. 

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@cpow99 wrote:

This is the latest in a series of moves by AT&T to show me how much they value my business. Come January, I will show them my appreciation by reducing the number of bills they send out each month by one. Thanks AT&T. 

I love anonymous threats on the internet. Don't worry cpow99, for every person who leaves like you, AT&T U-Verse will be gaining a lot more subscribers in return. Good luck with your new provider.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

A little bit harsh there dwinth, anyway I have U450 w/ 4 tvs. 1 hooked up to a dvr, 1 to a wired set-top box, and 2 to Xboxes. So I'm just paying for the channels only since the dvr and wired box are included and xboxes don't pay any rental fees saving me $14 a month.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Nothing I love more than a company or their community moderating counterpart dismissing feedback from actual customers. Does posting my u-verse account number (********) make my "anonymous threat" more palatable for you? Sharing my opinion about AT&T dropping a service less than 6 months after paying $99 the XBOX kit is not a threat but free market research. You seem upset with my openness on this issue, would you rather I bill you for it?

[edited for privacy]

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@cpow99 wrote:

Nothing I love more than a company or their community moderating counterpart dismissing feedback from actual customers. Does posting my u-verse account number (115360494) make my "anonymous threat" more palatable for you? Sharing my opinion about AT&T dropping a service less than 6 months after paying $99 the XBOX kit is not a threat but free market research. You seem upset with my openness on this issue, would you rather I bill you for it?

How did you get the Xbox kit within the last 6 months? AT&T discontinued offering it to people not long after Kinect 1 came out in 2010.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the advice. Will check out FiOS. The refund is nice but the advantage was eliminating a set top box. I assure you I got the kit in the last 6 months, nothing to indicate it was discontinued other than the TV remote codes in the back not being up to date. Maybe these guys haven’t gotten the discontinued memo (512 area code).

[removed image which displayed phone numbers]

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

consider this a formal protest of the discontinuation of the Xbox 360 uverse app. If AT&T has overriding plans to support this decision, it would be nice to hear about them. Otherwise it simply appears to be another "customer no service" move on their part. The Xbox 360 app provided the single best TV viewing experience available for Uverse. The app was faster and operated much more smoothly than the set top boxes that you make available to your customers. 

Does AT&T have plans to provide an app for the XBox 360 and/or Xbox one that is at least on par with the apps that its competitors have available for these platforms? What about plans for a Windows 8 application that's on par with the ipad app? 

As things stand, it may be time to make the move back to Comcast. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.