mtavery24's profile

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 3:32 PM

U-Verse Xbox 360 Integration

Has their been any talk on when U-Verse will be integrated in with Xbox 360?  I thought this was suppose to happen towards beginning of this year?  Both Verizon FIOS and Comcast Infinity have integration but where in U-Verse?

Accepted Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

We will stop supporting the Xbox 360 as a U-verse receiver on December 31, 2013. Subscribers who currently use their Xbox as a receiver will receive a $99 bill credit in their December or January U-verse bill, which includes reimbursement for the $60 Xbox Gold membership. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Some people are using XB as an STB, but that project has now been ceased, temporarily.  No idea when they will start it up again.

Apparently those who already have XB as an STB, there is an App.  Otherwise, you'll never see it.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

12 years ago

The only way to get the old app is by ordering it previiously from AT&T before November of last year.  No idea when the new app is coming out but it is supposed to include the ability to download the app via Xbox Live and have Kinect integration.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for that info. Smiley Happy

Now I still wonder why they decided to pull it?  Some people have it, so obviously integration updates isn't a problem?

@americangame wrote:

The only way to get the old app is by ordering it previiously from AT&T before November of last year.  No idea when the new app is coming out but it is supposed to include the ability to download the app via Xbox Live and have Kinect integration.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

12 years ago

@spd2demun wrote:

Thanks for that info. Smiley Happy

Now I still wonder why they decided to pull it?  Some people have it, so obviously integration updates isn't a problem?

@americangame wrote:

I think they pulled the old system because the new one was supposed to be in place around November of last year.  The current app don't work as well as the Verizon or Comcast ones do (i'm in the new Dashboard beta so I can't talk about what it doesn't do what I think it should yet)  It would be nice to hear from AT&T or Microsoft about the status of the new u-verse app.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Keep us posted!  I'm interested because I could save on a box rental. Smiley Happy

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

Robot Mad So it's been a year and no news Robot Frustrated. Microsft already released a new (yearly) update for the Xbox 360 Dashbord and we still have not gotten the AT&T app for the old one. Why do I have the feeling that AT&T dont want any part of the Xbox any more. Too bad, I was able to get the Xbox App before they stopped, it was the only reason I picked Uverse over Comcast, but now that comcast has the app I might jump providers.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

You do know that the Comcast app on the Xbox is only their VOD selection and not live TV.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

11 years ago

yeah i also have been wating very patiently for this xbox 360/kinect integrated version of the uverse app... i was lucky enough to get the uverse app before the suspended sales of it.  They need to get this going ASAP.  I know the Comcast is just their VOD but the Verizon FIOS is not... its not all the channels but it still is live tv.  and with the new dashboard update, they now have a TV/Video tab wehre you can search for tv shows and view the tv guides.. This is why it needs to get integrated... so i can start viewing the tv guide and searching for tv shows on Uverse without having to go into the Uverse App.  Is anybody within ATT aware if they are still working on this or has it been scrapped?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

The service and the ability to install it is still available. Just not through ATT. I did this last month and it works great. You can use either an HPNA adapter or ethernet:

http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/downloadable-content/7759-t-u-verse-installation-disk-xbox-360-download.html

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.