mckinneykq's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 4th, 2012 8:24 PM

Trouble connecting Samsung Smart TV to wireless network

I recently purchased the LAN adapter for connecting my "smart" tv.  The TV sees the network just fine and attempts to connect.  Through my router browser I can see that the network also detects the TV, but the connection continues to fail.  Anyone got ideas/knowledge of how to get this connection to complete?

Accepted Solution

Former Employee

• 

48 Messages

11 years ago

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your issue. First update the firmware of the TV. You may have to temporarily move the router and hard wire the connection if the error occurs during the update. Second, go to Tools -> Network Settings -> Change the DNS from auto to manual and enter 8.8.8.8 Hope this helps.

Thanks,

wmertke

Former Moderator

• 

426 Messages

12 years ago

Hi,

Could you provide me with the model number for the TV? That would allow me to research the issue for you. There might be a setup required before the TV is going to function on the network properly. You said that through your router browser you could see that the TV is getting an IP address, that means that the router is functioning properly. There may also be some sort of setting on the TV that may need to be changed before it will work. If you can provide the model number I will try my best to get you the information needed.

Thank you,

JustinF

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hi

I am having the same problem.  I have the Samsung PN51E550.

I had a professional come to set it up, and it is connected to the Internet just fine, but the error messages we get are

"Error Exe 001"

"Error Update 002"

and

"Network Interference 0012"

I'm going to check some online reviews of this TV b/c I may have read that people had problems with the Smart aspect when they had AT & T / Uverse. 

I REALLY don't want to switch my cable................but I DO want to use the Smart Apps on my TV..........

Thanks!
Laura

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My TV Samsung Mod. Code: UN46ES6100FXZA

2Wire230 "U-Verse Router

IP address 192.168.1.65

DNS server 192.168.1.254

Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

Default gateway  192.168.1.254

I am apreciated your help

bach2555

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

@bach2555 wrote:

My TV Samsung Mod. Code: UN46ES6100FXZA

2Wire230 "U-Verse Router

IP address 192.168.1.65

DNS server 192.168.1.254

Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

Default gateway  192.168.1.254

I am apreciated your help

bach2555

You do not actually state where you're having problems, so the best I can do is direct you to this site: http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=151038&modelname=UN46ES6100F&modelcode=UN46ES6100FXZA&session_id=Rhs5txmtGpxTZCnpHVbJvkJXzKR7v3Th6KgpLkkz0B1Thx5QHt0C!2039103633!1316460487!1365339321462&from_osc=&__ncforminfo=02Pzm_H7kRQmTahy63hNG84oOsbDcgk2htjWxqvkVFGRwHV0G6K--DYbOguLrNKKzwNwEpjUIenEia8W2jik9JyfVGbRnsypVSWa5-oywgyKCjmqfnJRhQ%3D%3D

This is the network setup/troubleshooting guide for your TV.

If you could elaborate on the problems you're experiencing, we should be able to help more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

This helped tremendously. Thank you!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi I tried above, but still get the messeage 'error EXE 001". when I try to use smart hub (internet TV (youtube etc) ).

I use Samsung UN40EH5300 (Smart TV).

I can connect Internet when I use PC and I successfully set wireness network on TV but can't use internet on TV.....

I have already updated the software on TV.

Would you tell me how to fix it?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have se exact same problem... and still havent gotten a solution.. have you?!?!?! this is stressing me out, i called at&t and samsung support but still got nothing... 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

One basic solution to this error code is firmware upgrade. This can be done both automatically and manually. If that doesn't help, restarting the Smart Hub will.

[Third party link removed per Guidelines]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.