Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Tuesday, October 14th, 2014 5:17 PM

Closed

Setting up Your 3rd Party Devices - Solutions from the AT&T Community Forums

Learn how to set up your device to AT&T Internet

Setting up your equipment can be easy, or it can be hard. Depending on your level of expertise, will determine your course of action. 

Setting up Internet of Things like streaming devices, gaming systems, IP cameras, and Wi-Fi bulbs are pretty straightforward, just enter the Wi-Fi Network and Passcode. Other items, like setting up a network, servers, peer 2 peer software or some routers, may be beyond what AT&T can help with. Unfortunately, AT&T does not support 3rd Party hardware, apps, and programs. Luckily, we have great ACE's, Community Forums Super Users, who come in to save the day.  

If you are having trouble setting up your equipment, we recommend:

• Reviewing setup instructions that came with your device
  • Visit the manufacturer's website
  • Visit the forums community for that product
  • If you are not familiar with high-level networking, contacting a professional is recommended

Below you'll find some basic setup information for some popular devices. Some links will go directly to the manufacturer, others to AT&T pages. If you do not see your equipment below, you can normally find support solutions online. 

Wireless.png Wireless Setup

Router.png Third Party Routers

How to setup Bridge Mode, IP Passthrough, and DMZ

How to setup Statis IP, Reverse DNS/ PTR Request, Port Forwarding 

Mail.png Client Mail

Setting up email is different these days when using a client. To secure your email experience, AT&T has

TV.png Smart TVs

Gaming Systems

Setting up your gaming system should be simple. Below you find links to the manufacturer site to connect. If you noticed your console will not connect, reset your modem and try again. In some instances, you made need to forget the network and try again. 

Kindle.png

Streaming Devices 

ATTU-verseCare

AT&T does not endorse the companies or their products or services shown on this site.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

9 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

For additional help and/or content, please stop by our U-verse TV Apps Community.

ATTU-verseCare

(edited)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Looking to connect an external storage device to the rotuer direct through USB and being able to access that drive over the USB. 

I'm not having any success locating the drive on the network. 

I have the newest MacBook Pro running OS X El Captain 10.11.5

Thanks for your help.

Brad

AT&T Uverse and Wireless customer.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

TRYING TO FIND THE BEST MEDIA PLAYER FOR STREAMING WITH OUR ATT ROUTER AND GENIE SYSTEM? OUR TVS ARE ETHERNETED FROM OUR ROUTER. ROKU 4, ROKU ULTRA? NEED INFO...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi! I recently moved to an apartment and ATAT is the provider here so I have ATAT. My Xbox One first had a moderate NAT type and it got annoying being blocked from doing some thing so I watched some tutorials and in the special firewall configuration thing I added Xbox one as a hosted application and now my NAT has become Strict. I even tried undoing what I did but nothing works. I've restarted multiple times it nothing has fixed. How can I get an open NAT?

I have a Motorola VAP2500 modem and Model 5268ACFXN ATAT router.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

im trying to find out how to use my MAC email client simply as a backup for my att email during this att.net mail transitory period with yahoo.com  mail in case i lose any of my  sbcglobal.net email.  AND SOMEHOW INCORRECTLY GOT SENT HERE

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Need help connecting my wii to my WiFi  network 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I need help adding a router to my AT&T U-Verse service.  My AT&T gateway is a Pace 5268AC and I want to add a TP-Link Archer C4000.  I tried DMZplus and it was flaky, meaning it worked great and then not at all.  Currently, I'm just using the AT&T gateway with streaming and WiFi issues.  When the Archer C4000 was working, all the issues went away.  I've noticed that the AT&T Settings>System Info>Event Notifications no longer has a square box to check for "Router Behind Router Detection."  When it was working correctly, I could see my Archer C4000 under DMZplus with ALL ALL and the WAN IP address.  My TP-Link Archer C4000 uses 192.168.0.1 and I changed the Pace to 172.16.0.1.  Some detailed, clear instructions would make it nice.  Thank you,  Todd

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Can’t connect my Arlo home security device which requires port 40 or port 443 which works on 2.4 GB with my ATt gateway SKU60233

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Help! Which sound bar will connect to my genie remote

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.