jimmie25's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 13th, 2015 10:20 PM

Roku - Hulu plus

So everything works on my roku except Hulu Plus - It just keeps "retrieving" It may start playing for a few minutes and than it stops again. Just had a tech out and replaced the modem/router. Still doing it. I have U-verse Max plus. Hulu on my laptop and desk top work fine.

I used my verizon hotspot as a router from my phone and the Hulu Plus worked just fine. Can't figure out why U-verse is not working properly. Like I said the other roku channels are working fine it's just Hulu Plus. If it were a roku problem why would it work with verizon 4g off my phone. Any ideas? Thanks

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @jimmie25,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with Hulu on your Roku, but I will be glad to help. It definitely does not seem like an issue specifically towards the Roku, but I have ran into similar issues in the past and by trying things on the Roku, it resolved the issue. Try uninstalling then reinstalling the app. If still having problems, try to see if there is an update for the Roku by going to Settings > Player Info > Check for Update.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

After doing all of the above and nothing worked. I contacted Hulu directly.
They said that the problem started about 2 weeks ago with roku and ATT
u-verse and Hulu. Their techs are trying to resolve the issues. They had no
answers at this point but they did give me a free month of Hulu - plus,
which will only work on a computer at this point. Thanks for your reply

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for providing that information. 

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Thanks for the post. I thought I was losing cracking up cause it wouldn't work in the evening. How do they get away with sabotaging just one channel? Trying to make us get cable?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

@Jeaniegenie wrote:
Thanks for the post. I thought I was losing cracking up cause it wouldn't work in the evening. How do they get away with sabotaging just one channel? Trying to make us get cable?

"Sabotaging just one channel?"

"one channel?"  the poster was talking about a third party service (hulu plus) provided over the Internet connection.

"Sabotaging?" who is sabotaging?

Do you have any idea what this topic was about?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have grown increasingly frustrated by this very problem over the past 2 months.  Has there been any resolution for anyone else experiencing it?  I've talked to AT&T and they tell me that it is Roku or Hulu's issue.  I've talked to Roku and they point the finger at AT&T Uverse.  Hulu claims that they require higher bandwidth and that it must be an AT&T issue.  Yet I run speed tests with 22MB download speeds plus.  All of my Roku devices are hardwired.  What frustrates me the most is that I have been an AT&T customer for more than 6 years, and a Hulu+ and Roku customer for most of that time.  This issue only started a couple of months ago.  I have not changed ANYTHING, yet none of the companies I do business with can seem to resolve my issue.

Smiley Mad - Jim

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I've been having the same issue, for about as long as you have. I can maybe watch one episode of something a week from my preferred devices IF that. I have tried from my Apple TV, WiiU, PS3 and PS4. Netflix, YouTube and Amazon all work flawlessly, but Hulu can't barely play 10 seconds of anything unless it's an ad. Because of course the ads play without issue. I also contacted Hulu and they were unable to do anything, they said it's a known issue they've been having with AT&T and said they'd let me know when they found a resolution, and credited me a free month. I have the same speed as you and have been using AT&T for about the same length of time as well, this is ridiculous.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

All of the previous posts are from 2015. Here it is 2018 and they still haven't fixed the problem. I have Roku and have removed the Hulu app, reinstalled it, updated the Roku system, rebooted the modem,unplugged Roku, plugged it back in.  Hulu still has a buffering problem.  I don't know who is at fault, but for what I pay ATT for service plus what I pay Hulu, this is UNSATISFACTORY! This should be going on for 2 years. Luckily my issues just started about 2 months ago. Somebody needs to get off their butts and either fix it or start refunding some money!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

When streaming, Hulu on your Roku device, you can opt for a quick device start. Unplug the Roku device and click on the "Home" button and navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.