For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
vpmerlyn's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, January 15th, 2011 1:01 PM

Roku HD with AT&T U-Verse

I've had Roku HD for about 1 month wirelessly connected to AT&T U-Verse broadband.  I get  22+ Mb/s consistently on downloads, and video streaming works perfectly most of the time (Amazon, Netflix mostly).  But every other day or so I either get a long delay when selecting a video, then interruptions every few minutes (with the 'downloading' message) or I get the message saying Roku can't connect to the local network.  While doing this, I have nothing else running off the broadband network - 2 PC's connected, but not being used, and my phones are on regular landlines.  Powering down the Router (2-Wire 3800HGV-B) clears the problems - till the next time! Any suggestions on what's causing or how to fix this problem?

Note:  My set up does not allow easy wired connection between the Roku and my Internet box.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

13 years ago

You could be having some interference for something in or around your home.

Take a look at this post for SomeJoe

http://forums.att.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-Access/How-to-Minimize-Wireless-Interference/m-p/2303003#M1138

Hope this helps.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for pointing me to this.  I've dowloaded and am running inSSIDer 2.0 - very interesting!  There was quite a bit of interference.  I have switched from auto channel select to a fixed channel that seemed to have the lowest activity - I will see how that impacts Roku performance and report back in a couple of days.  Thanks again!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

I did indeed find quite a bit of interference with my 2Wire box set to 'auto' for channel selection.  I set channel selection to the most interference-free channel and have had 5 days of trouble free Roku streaming through my U-
Verse set up!  Thanks for the advice!Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.