Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 24, 2011
11:58:43 AM
View profile
Replacement Gateway Box, Networked Printer Not Working

Just had my 2Wire gateway box replaced after the last one stopped working, and now my HP printer wont work.  Documents fail to print, saying "The spooler was unable to connect to your printer.  This can be caused by your printer being turned off, the cable being unplugged, or being connected to a VPN, which will block your access to the local network."  The printer is connected via ethernet cable to the gateway, and there is a home network.  It's an HP 7410 All-in-one.  Please advise how to get my printer back working again.

Just had my 2Wire gateway box replaced after the last one stopped working, and now my HP printer wont work.  Documents fail to print, saying "The spooler was unable to connect to your printer.  This can be caused by your printer being turned off, the cable being unplugged, or being connected to a VPN, which will block your access to the local network."  The printer is connected via ethernet cable to the gateway, and there is a home network.  It's an HP 7410 All-in-one.  Please advise how to get my printer back working again.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 25, 2011 10:18:22 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by oz_1 on Jan 25, 2011 at 10:20:33 AM

Reset your printer it is probably looking for your old RG . Check in your printer settings if preferred DNS setting

is 192.168.1.254

Accepted Solution

Replacement Gateway Box, Networked Printer Not Working

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 25, 2011 10:18:22 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by oz_1 on Jan 25, 2011 at 10:20:33 AM

Reset your printer it is probably looking for your old RG . Check in your printer settings if preferred DNS setting

is 192.168.1.254

is 192.168.1.254

Re: Replacement Gateway Box, Networked Printer Not Working

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (2,315 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2011 2:40:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

I printed out a Network Configuration Page from the printer and compared the IP address to the one listed under printer port settings.  I needed to configure the port with IP address 192.168.1.64.  The last couple numbers were off which was the problem.  Printer works great again.  Thanks!

I printed out a Network Configuration Page from the printer and compared the IP address to the one listed under printer port settings.  I needed to configure the port with IP address 192.168.1.64.  The last couple numbers were off which was the problem.  Printer works great again.  Thanks!

Re: Replacement Gateway Box, Networked Printer Not Working

3 of 3 (2,237 Views)