Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 11, 2014
11:01:38 PM
View profile
Open Nat on the NVG589 for the xbox 360

How do I go about to make the nat open on this new router for the xbox 360? By the way, I use a switch to plug in more ethernet cables if that makes any differences. I wasn't able to find anything about having your nat opened on this router.

How do I go about to make the nat open on this new router for the xbox 360? By the way, I use a switch to plug in more ethernet cables if that makes any differences. I wasn't able to find anything about having your nat opened on this router.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 13, 2014 2:49:36 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @sogar,

I apologize for any issues you are having with your Xbox Live connection, but I will be glad to help. If you just need to setup one Xbox / gaming system with an Open NAT, you can setup the NVG589 to be in a passthrough mode with your device. If you have multiple devices, you will need your own router, probably with uPnP support.

To setup the NVG589, here is a great post from one of our community members. The instructions are for an NVG510 but they will work with the NVG589.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. Have additional questions, post below or search our forums using the search bar above. Our community members post a lot of great answers!

For more assistance, send a brief message to ATTU-verseCare . Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Open Nat on the NVG589 for the xbox 360

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 13, 2014 2:49:36 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @sogar,

I apologize for any issues you are having with your Xbox Live connection, but I will be glad to help. If you just need to setup one Xbox / gaming system with an Open NAT, you can setup the NVG589 to be in a passthrough mode with your device. If you have multiple devices, you will need your own router, probably with uPnP support.

To setup the NVG589, here is a great post from one of our community members. The instructions are for an NVG510 but they will work with the NVG589.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. Have additional questions, post below or search our forums using the search bar above. Our community members post a lot of great answers!

For more assistance, send a brief message to ATTU-verseCare . Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi @sogar,

Hope this helps.

-David T

Need more help?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Open Nat on the NVG589 for the xbox 360

2 of 2 (4,472 Views)
Solution