For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
denkopf's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 11th, 2013 2:02 AM

Motorola NVG589 port forwarding

U Vers replaced my 2-Wire with the  NVG589, I have several security camers installed and i am trying to set up port forwarding for them. They left me no manual. I have tried web searches, nothing. I was able to set the cameras up on the 2-wire, the Foscam web site does not have anything for the 589. on the NVG589 I set up in Nat/gaming what I thought was correct but outside the house I can not gain access. it states "Privite Network" "this camera is on a privite network and will not work". typically when port forwarding it sets up a http address. I cant find where or how it does that.

so I need help please.

dennis

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi pkasson,

I defiintely apologize about the inconveniences. The great news is you have the hard part done. The NVG589 has a firewall behind it that may be blocking some traffic, and the easiest fix is to setup "Passthrough" mode to a device or a secondary router so you can bypass that firewall.

Here is a link to an article from a fellow community member that goes through the process.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have just had a Motorola NVG 589 router put in for my Uverse Internet and tv. It has been working for a month. However I have just had a camera security system put in and reading all over the internet that you have to get a second router to put behind the ATT router and do a passthrough on the ATT router. I had a computer tech here for 6 hours trying to get access to these cameras and the system from outside the lan and the ATT router will not allow passthrough. The tech had another 4 techs helping him, they couldn't do it either. The router will not open port 9000. Will not allow passthrough. In fact will not do anything. The support given by ATT Tech support was APPALLing. They put the phone down on us 3 times because they could not fix it. I dread to think what my cell phone bill for all that wasted time is. The upshot of the whole thing is that come Monday if the supervisor that I ended up complaining to cannot sort this all out I will be cancelling Uverse and going to a competitor.

We did everything that was given to us by the forums and the tech guys ,nothing worked. The supervisor is trying to blame the make of camera, however it did not work with the last 2 camera systems that we tried as well, wired and wireless. Oh well....bad day...anyone else have similar problems?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Daw, I have this same issue, Trying to remotely connect via Iphone app to the Foscam FI8910 camera and cant get through the NVG589. Did you ever solve this issue? Any help is appreciated.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

Hi all, 

wish I would have read this last week, but I need to know.  So, if I have a NVG589 modem, I cannot do a standard Port Forwarding of my Q-See DVR camera system ?  This will be a deal breaker for me.  I was told by the tech, who installed this U-Verse system that it shouldn't be a problem.  I tried for a couple hours today with no luck.  I do get motion alerts on my iPhone via the SMTP routing, but I cannot view the cameras on my phone through a live feed.

Any ideas?  Do I have add my old router onto this modem to make this work?  

Any help or advice is super appreciated!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Hi there.  

I have had uVerse for 6 years using the 2WIRE Gateway.  Today, new service started.  Long story short, had to cancel old and get new, so I could get "new customer" promotions and pricing.  

So....New DVR and New Motorola NVG589.  I also have Foscam F8910 AND a Swann 8 channel DVR with 4 cameras connected.

Keep in mind, ALL was working on the old system.  I could see all cameras from within the network and outside the network.  Viewing from "outside" the network was accomplished by turning off wi-fi and allowing LTE/4G to connect on the phone.

I was able to get the Foscam to work using Port Forwarding on the NVG589.  I can see Foscam from inside and outside the network.

The SwannView system though...issues.  I know port forwarding is correct because I can see all 4 cameras on LTE/4G.  When I am connected to my network, only 1 camera works.  It will randomly connect to one camera at a time.  The moment i turn wifi off, LTE/4G connects, ALL 4 cameras work.

Been scratching my head on this all night last night and all day this morning.

Hope I can figure this out soon.  A tech is coming out to replace some hardware due to other recorded playback issues I am having with the DVR.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I was able to successfully connect my Foscam FW8910 to the NVG589. I can see the camera from the Foscam App on iPhone both inside and outside my network. Let me know if you still need help on this.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Pgamboa,  (Hope this isn't a dupe msg, tried replying a few min. ago but didn't show up.)

I too have some Foscam cameras and seem to be unable to connect from the outside world.

All worked with my old Uverse modem/router, but when I got this new NVG589 no luck.

My port forwarding looks like this: (Both local IP's are set up as static)

Service Ports Device Delete

9821 Cam1TCP/UDP: 8090-8091192.168.1.80
9805W Cam2TCP/UDP: 88192.168.1.111
 TCP:443192.168.1.99 

but when I access my Uverse IP:8090 (as an example) I get the Foscam login screen, however when I put in my password I get the twirly circle for a few seconds followed by "Login Failed, try again later."

Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks,

Peter.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

So I went ahead and removed my secondary router (D-Link) and went with just the 589 and created Port Forwarding rules for both Port 85 and 37777 in the NAT/Gaming tab. This work well with only one hiccup. I can view my system inside and outside my network with the Q-see App on my Iphone. I can view the cameras within my network using my laptop. The only thing I cannot do, is view these cameras from my work desktop. I have the Qsee DDNS set up properly, as I am using that on my phone and it works fine. I do not have the pass-through turned on, as I a plugged directly into the NVG589. When I do a network trace from my work to home, it times out after the last destination (12.122.31.134 cr2.sffca.ip.att.net)

Do any of the AT&T folks on here have any idea why this is?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I spent literally days on this and made the huge mistake of using the wrong public ip address.  Be sure and click on the broadband link and use the Broadband IP4 address as your external IP.  That would have saved me hours and hours.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I'm in the same boat as many others and was wondering if anyone found a way to forward ports with the NVG589.  I'm trying to connect to a security camera DVR using DNS service which worked fine with comcast until I switched to Uverse this week.  I went to NAT/Gaming and added the ports (total of 3 for this DVR, one for media, one for the DVR itself and one for iPhone access) under manage custom services, then found them in the drop down list and added them to the address of the DVR.  No joy.  I tried different variations of IP passthrough settings but nothing seems to work.  I'd rather not add another router to get this to work.  

Could it be that there is no way to enter the DNS service information (that I could find)?  

Thanks,

Tom

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.