sgribber's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, December 3rd, 2012 7:17 PM

Looking for printer..printer offline

I have a network printer that I can't seem to connect to.   My setup is the following...

Mac plugged into the U-Verse Modem/Router  NVG510.    Printer is also plugged into the modem via ethernet cable.

When I try to print,  I get the following message  "Looking for printer...printer offline".        When I click 'Printer Settings",   my browser opens and tries to resolve to the following address   "192.168.1.77".

Under my modem settings, device list,  that address is listed as 'off'.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I was able to solve the problem by making the IP adress of my printer *static and then 'adding' a new printer.  

The existing printer profile would not refresh and or recognize the printer for whatever reaason.  

thank you to everyone for your suggestions.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

It sounds like the printer is off line?  Can you ping 192.168.1.77?  Are you sure the ethernet cable is plugged firmly into the printer and at the router?  Try unplugging the cable and plug it back in on both ends.

Has this printer ever worked on your current set up, or did it just quit working?

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Make sure that you set the printer up properly through the info given by the manufacturer in how to set it up for wired networking. Helps to know manufacturer & model of the printer, along with what version of Mac OS you are running.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

11 years ago

Was the printer working previously or is it new?

On all Mac's I never use the supplied printer disc I hook up the printer via USB then under System Preferences click on Software Update it will fetch all drivers and firmware for that printer model.

Also you may want to go back and follow mfg's suggested setup one more time.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for posting that info, it will be good for someone else in the future.  Enjoy.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

What do you mean that you made it static. My printer will not work and I don't know what to do. I am an old lady and not very tech. smart. I have a HP All in One and it worked fine before I moved. I had Excede Internet at my old house. Help!!!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.