RobbbieD's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, August 27th, 2013 6:35 PM

How to Bridge PACE 5031 NV to 3rd Party Router?

People say it's a lot like the 2Wire 3600, but the menus don't look the same to me.

I Happily follow instructions with screenshots.

My local tech geek is not able to handle this for some reason... Help?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Got my internet speed (cake) and gigabit LAN (eating it, too)! The trick I believe was 'Attack Detection' in advanced FW settings.

See here: http://forums.att.com/t5/Device-Setup/AT-amp-T-Modem-Router-Apple-Airport-Extreme/td-p/3607835#.Uw1oVfldUoA

There is no true bridge mode on the 2Wire routers. However, you can still configure it such that almost all functions of your own router will work properly.
1. Set your router's WAN interface to get an IP address via DHCP. This is required at first so that the 2Wire recognizes your router.
2. Plug your router's WAN interface to one of the 2Wire's LAN interfaces.
3. Restart your router, let it get an IP address via DHCP.
4. Sign into the 2Wire router's interface. Go to Settings -> Firewall -> Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ
5. Select your router under section (1).
6. Click the DMZPlus button under section (2).
7. Click the Save button.
8. Restart your router, when it gets an address via DHCP again, it will be the public outside IP address. At this point, you can leave your router in DHCP mode (make sure the firewall on your router allows the DHCP renewal packets, which will occur every 10 minutes), or you can change your router's IP address assignment on the WAN interface to static, and use the same settings it received via DHCP.
9. On the 2Wire router, go to Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration
10. Uncheck the following: Stealth Mode, Block Ping, Strict UDP Session Control.
11. Check everything under Outbound Protocol Control except NetBIOS.
12. Uncheck NetBIOS under Inbound Protocol Control.
13. Uncheck all the Attack Detection checkboxes (7 of them).
14. Click Save.
Your router should now be able to route as if the 2Wire was a straight bridge, for the most part.
Inbound port 22 might be blocked, and inbound ports 8000-8015 might also be blocked, and there's nothing that can be done about it.
This is how I have my 2Wire configured, and I have a Cisco 2811 behind it doing IPSec, IPv6 tunnels, etc.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I've looked every where I can think of and can not find anything on what you want to do.  Hopefully one of the community managers will stop in and address your issue./question.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi robbbied,

The main page does look different between the 3600 and the 5031, but if I remember correctly, the firewall settings are the same, and that is where you need to go to make the appropriate changes to create a bridge like mode for a 3rd party device.

You want to login to https://192.168.1.254. It may ask you for a system password, which can be found on the side of your modem.

From there, click on the link to Customize Firewall

On Step 1, you want to choose the device that you want to be in "bridge" mode. If you do not see it, make sure that your router is setup on DHCP mode and directly connected to our router.

Once you have it selected, go down to Step 2 and scroll down further and choose Allow all applications (DMZplus mode).

After that you want to restart your router, and check the WAN IP Address it is getting. It should be a public IP address if everything was configured correctly.

Let us know how it goes.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Hi David. Thank You! I am on this again first thing in the morning and will

follow your instructions; Gratefully, R

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Community Mailer

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you! An answer was given and will update in the morning… R

Sent from my iPhone

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi robbbied,

Just wanted to check with you to see if you were able to get it all setup.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Hi. You're a good guy. Just on it. More to come. Thank you!

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

You are failing to mention the 5310nv does not support true bridge mode though. I tried to hook up a 750n Linksys to my gateway to put it in the dmz for the 5310 only allows 1 unit to be in the dmz and if 2 units are sharing the same ports it flags their ip addresses and locks them offline until you reboot the 5310. I was able to get hardwired connections working through the 750 but the wireless had a constant conflict that ATT tech support and the Pace mfg. 5310 could not resolve.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I used these instructions today to bridge a 5031NV to a D-Link DIR-655.  Everything went pretty well, except devices connected to the DLink router are getting 20-80% worse performance, websites loading slower and speed tests come back weak.  I can resolve speeds by hooking directly to the 5031, but then am limited by the local 10/100 ports instead of using the 10/100/1000 infrastructure that exists on the rest of my network 😞

- Any Ideas?

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

A couple days in and things are working alright.

Except sometimes pages fail to load, or become unresponsive. Tonight I got this "Error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" from Chrome when trying to navigate to a webpage. What does it mean?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.