banestrick's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 22nd, 2013 12:06 PM

Cannot connect smart tv to internet

Have had my samsung smart tv since December 2012 and all has worked just fine.  We just left for vacation for 10 days came home and now my tv will not connect to the internet.  All of our other devices connect to the internet just fine, so definitely a problem with the tv internet only.  We received an update form uverse while we were gone and wondering if that has something to do with it.  anyone else have this problem?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

chapmanrev - What would you like to do??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have the same problem just spent an hour with an att tech.  Did not help me transfered me to someone who wanted $50 to try to fix it.  Your solution can I do it myself?  If so how?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

When connecting via network setting in on your samsung select manual input  and change the DSN to 8.8.8.8 This instantly fixed it for me.

My samsung tv is a 2011 or 2012... I can't remember

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Wonderful, thank you! I have a happy wife now. I am indebted to you beyond description. 🙂

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Manually changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 worked for me - gave me Internet access in an instant!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I've tried all of this, including manually changing the addres to 8.8.8.8 and no luck. Anyone else have any ideas???

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

After 3 years using the Internet TV without any issue, I got the same issue posted here. I have ATT and I set-up the DNS of my Samsung Smart TV to 8.8.8.8 and miraculously, it worked!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Kudos to the DNS 8.8.8.8 solution. This problem started happening within the year. I've had two modems replaced by AT@T. Maybe a push or two changed the DNS requirements. Again thanks.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you so much!  I changed the DNS and it worked!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.