Worst customer service possible

Highlighted
Observer

Worst customer service possible

I recently resigned my contract with ATT after being a dedicated customer for three plus years. Last month I upgraded and resigned my contract with the company. I was informed at the store where I upgraded that I would not recieve any activation fees due to the discount offered through my employer. I received my bill and there are activation fees. I called customer service to address this issue. The initial rep that I got offered me a $25 discount stating that they would not remove the activation fees after I had already been on hold for 20 minutes. When I asked to speak to a supervisor she got very defensive and rude. I was on hold for an additional 10 minutes and when the supervisor got on the phone she was extremely rude and it was like talking to a robot. My issue is still not taken care of and I will most likely be cancelling my contract because of the absolutely HORRIBLE customer service!!! 

Message 1 of 7
Contributor

Re: Worst customer service possible

their customer service is definitely the worst. I'm exhausted from trying to talk to the reps.

Message 2 of 7
Observer

Agreed. The only thing the company cares about once you sign a contract is money
Message 3 of 7
Tutor

Yes the worst.  I have been a customer for 25 years, they used to be good, not any more!

Message 4 of 7
ACE - Expert

@lynneh

ATT does not use contracts anymore.  They stopped offering them January 8.  

There is also no activation fee on lines that are already on ATT.  Activation fee is for NEW lines of service.

You purchased a phone on a retail sales agreement and were charged an upgrade fee of $20.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
ACE - Guru

@lynneh

Some companies have a portion of their employee discount agreement with ATT that states activation and upgrade fees can be waived.  Reps should be well aware of this, however, once they pull up your account and dig in to see the company through which you receive your employee discount.  I would go ahead and send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare with your name, account/primary phone number, your current employer and description of the issue you've had getting the upgrade charge addressed as stipulated as a part of your employee discount, a good contact number and time to reach you.  These folks have a great track record of fully resolving issues the traditional customer service avenues cannot.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7
Voyager

Better yet, record all you calls and if they lied to you got to the BBB instead. From my experience, I don't trust anything with ATT in it.

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support