What brings you to the AT&T Community?

Mentor

What brings you to the AT&T Community?

Hey all,

I just thought this would be a good thread.  What brings you to the AT&T Community?  What motivates you to log on everyday to help others, talk to other community members, or just lurk around?  

Me?  Well, I first started hanging out here when I began working for AT&T as a Customer Service Rep.  The reason why you don't see my name orange and the employee icon next to my name is because I had to quit. Smiley Sad  I hated quiting, but loved working for AT&T when I did.  I re-located to another city over an hour away, so I had no choice, and I still wish I had that job, because I loved it.

Anyways, I've always been a community person, and one day when we where in training class at work, we had some free time and could just mess around if we wanted to, so I was browsing the AT&T website and just getting more of a feel of the layout and everything about it, and came across the forums and I was like "Holy COW!  AT&T has a community Forum?!?!  SWEET!  (I actually started referring some customers to the forums at the end of my calls when I found out about the forums for issues that didn't need immediate attention)  and started to begin being active when I could on the forums because I love the forums. Smiley Happy

Like I said, I've always just been a community person and love forums.  I run a forum myself, but it's MyBB, and enjoy it very much with talking to community members and helping others with issues. Smiley Happy

So, enough about me, how about you?

Cheers!

Luke

Message 1 of 32 (4,513 Views)
Expert

Re: What brings you to the AT&T Community?

DogDaddy wrote:
Yes, if your area has a natural disaster (or even a man made disaster) you can simply post updates on FB or send out tweets. All your family and friends in other areas will be able to stay informed. If you're using an old phone with no data capabilities (I still have my Sony Ericsson Z300 - look it up on phone scoop) you can still send a text to multiple recepients. Uses less battery than making several calls.

Hahaha...I think I had one very similar after I upgraded from the first clunker that I had...an old HUGE Audiovox. Smiley Very Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 16 of 32 (3,834 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Aloha, I'm new to the forums.
I came here for quite a few reasons, the main two being I'm an AT&T CSR, and I'm starting to think about having AT&T as my service provider again.

Upon reading a lot of these topics/messages, I've not only been informed with useful information, but I've also been provided with a good source of entertainment as well! Robot LOL

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 32 (3,617 Views)

I decided to join the AT&T Wireless online community because I wanted to be able to post questions about phones and devices and to help others with their cell phone questions and problems.

Message 18 of 32 (3,348 Views)
Expert

azurecrimsonrose wrote:

I decided to join the AT&T Wireless online community because I wanted to be able to post questions about phones and devices and to help others with their cell phone questions and problems.

Smiley SurprisedOH MY!! There IS life out there!!! Just kidding. Smiley Wink...that's why I stayed, too. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 19 of 32 (3,346 Views)
Observer

Hello everyone!

I joined this forum to praise the great service I got from AT&T CSRs today.

I lost my phone and was feeling distraught, so I went online and found out what I had to do. I suspended my service out of fear that who ever got my phone (he/she wasn't answering when I tried to call) would use up all my minutes. Then, I went straight to an AT&T store to get a replacement.

The CSRs, both in-store and phone representatives, worked with me and my unique situation: I was part of a family plan, with the account holder living on a different State as I am. They made some calls to my family and they explained very well the steps they were taking ( I do understand the security precautions involved). I told them I was more worried with keeping the same phone number than getting the phone back. They understood and did not try to sell me anything more than what I needed. I was out there in under an hour with a new phone and my old number. I was very relieved. In under 2 hours since I lost my phone I finally regained a sense of safety.

I just wanted to share my story and express my gratitude to the AT&T customer service representatives. Thank you for doing an awesome job!

Jack

Message 20 of 32 (3,215 Views)
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hi Jack, thank you for stopping by to share your great experience. Please feel free to brouse around the forum and come back anytime you have a question or just want to chat.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 21 of 32 (3,203 Views)
Teacher

I've been an AT&T customer since 2002 and have always been happy with the attempts to resolve customer issues, however the amount of time and transfers isn't great customer service. I think they offer a wide variety of phones. Every upgrade has always eventually worked out, but not smoothly and not without verifying in a timely manner. When I found this forum I was able to find answers to some questions. I also learn from reading others' posts. I come here often although most of the time I'm seeking information and other people's experience's . There are quite a few complaints posted in this community but there are also many expressing some satisfaction with AT&T. I needed a venue for just asking questions. So it's nice to be among others who have been with AT&T, as loyalty should count for something in my opinion!
Message 22 of 32 (2,367 Views)
Scholar

Looking for phone support answers
Message 23 of 32 (2,326 Views)
Scholar

Me

Me
Message 24 of 32 (2,046 Views)
Scholar

I started here after i got fedup w prepaid plans and thei...

I started here after i got fedup w prepaid plans and their phony ads and my service would not be there it is annoying
Message 25 of 32 (2,040 Views)
ACE - Expert

I am a Verizon Refugee!
After 18 years I was disappointed that Verizon was costing me so much and providing little data. I moved over during the February and March rebate time.

I was a regular on the Verizon forums and felt I could be helpful, but the Apple forum is my favorite spot. I have many Apple products, but love my Note 3 android phone (my kids have the iPhone).

I am polite and helpful, but I admit to silent eye-rolls often.
In a perfect world, every customer would read contracts before they sign. Everyone would understand the cloud and iMessage. And no one would forget their password.
(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 26 of 32 (2,024 Views)
Contributor

Horrible Customer service experience brought me here, to hear something from fellow users and hoping someone helps me out.

Message 27 of 32 (1,917 Views)
Contributor

I have joined this community because I am having a terrible time with customer service.     I have been on the phone twice for over 90 minutes each with regards to thousands of dollars of fraudulent calls on my daughter's phone.   I can't get a straight answer--the answers keep changing; I have been told that I was being transferred to someone--a live person who can help me--only to end up with the automated assistant in another department and back in the queue.      I have now been promised for a second time that a live person with more responsibiliity would call me back in 24-48 hours--We'll see.    In the meantime our account is suspended and no one will listen or help.     I was told to "contact AT&T" but not given any number or person--and told that I could file a dispute but that the account would be suspended, and who knows how long that would be.    There appears to be NO ONE who cares or have the authority to address this.

Message 28 of 32 (1,670 Views)
ACE - Professor

The reason *I* joined is, I am a brand new DSL internet subscriber (contrary to whatever else you may have heard to the contrary, AT&T is still in the DSL internet bussiness, and does not seem to have any plans to end it, at least here in Florida) and while I have found most folks who answer the phone for service related calls to be coutieus and friendly, seem to occasionly have suprising gaps in thier knowledge. Usualy, these are harmless, but it is a personal tick of mine to ask a very specific question, and it bugs me to get a general response that seems to have no bearing on what I asked. (Worst is being outright lied to, but to be fair, that is VERY rare)

OR, thier could actualy be another, and potentialy better way to get or do something, but because I did not ask about it, no mention was ever made even of it's existance.

SO, I browse thru here to see what kind of experiances other customers have had with AT&T, and more importantly, the kinds of outcomes they had. Also, sometimes, there is just that rare gem that is SO helpfull, it is worth reading thru 100's of messages to stumble across it.

And sometimes, (hey, it happens!) you might actualy know the answer to a question someone else has!

And, sometimes, all I get out of it is a much needed laugh, but hey, at least it's fun.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 29 of 32 (1,564 Views)
Scholar

Come to see ALL the Complaints they have about you!!!

Message 30 of 32 (1,518 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.