Get the myAT&T app
Tina86's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, October 24th, 2016 5:49 PM

I dropped and cracked my new galaxy s7 edge

Hi I have a question for anybody that had experienced this type of incident
I recently purchased a s7 edge got insurance and everything. All except for a case (OBVIOUSLY)and cracked the screen really bad well this is the first actual contract I've ever had and thought the phone was unbreakable BUT NO i believe the s6 active are the phones that are unbreakable but anyways I guess this phone is water resistant. Ugh but so now that I have cracked screen what do I do? Because if I send it in will it be the same phone or a brand new one? Please HELP!!
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MAKE A CLAIM?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

insurance is 199 or less depending on if you have not used it in the last 12 months.  They will send you a refurb phone they dont fix your screen...

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Insurance deductible is $225 

they don't fix it, they just ship you a like new replacement device.   

I have no idea what it costs just to fix the screen, but an unauthorized repair voids the warranty. 

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Tina86The replacement will neither be new or the same phone, but a refurbished device. You will also be billed a deductible as with any insurance. Start here:

http://phoneclaim.com/att/index.php?pod=protection&icid=in-attclaim&tntref=

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

For the record, no phone is unbreakable. I've seen several actives broken. Never ever assume that

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

AT&T does not repair phones. Your insurance is through a second party, Asurion. Contact Asurion and they will replace your phone.

https://www.phoneclaim.com/att/

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

How long does it take to get my screen fixed? And do they replace my s7 edge COMPLETELY (brand new)? How long does it take if I have mobile insurance also how much does it cost???
And do I have to get a replacement phone for the wait Anybody know??

Former Employee

• 

258 Messages

7 years ago

Hi Tina! It depends on a lot of factors; are you going to get your screen repaired at an authorized Samsung repair center, or at a 3rd party repair center? As for an insurance claim, you don't get a temporary replacement phone while you wait for the insurance replacement, but the insurance replacement phone is mailed via next-day shipping so that you get it asap. Once you get the phone, you mail back your broken/faulty device!

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Tina86 wrote:
How long does it take to get my screen fixed? And do they replace my s7 edge COMPLETELY (brand new)? How long does it take if I have mobile insurance also how much does it cost???
And do I have to get a replacement phone for the wait Anybody know??

Did you not read any of the answers you've been given? 

1. Asurion does not replace your screen

2. Asurion does not send a temporary replacement

3. Asurion will immediatly send you a refurbished phone and charge a deductible. After you recieve the refurbished phone, you are required to return the broken one.

Here is the latest deductible brochure:

http://www.phoneclaim.com/documents/ATT/ATTPortal/MDPP_Tiered_Ded_Eligibility_Schedule_Latest.pdf

If you want to make a claim, start here:

http://phoneclaim.com/att/index.php?pod=protection&icid=in-attclaim&tntref=

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Busternutt

this op had 4 different post on same thing I asked for them to be combined.

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

7 years ago

No, the Galaxy S6 Active is not unbreakable. I droped mine one time and it has a crack in the screen and will cost a small fortune to repair, i have been told, and that's with insurance which must not be much good since we still have to pay.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.