For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
mdborg's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, April 29th, 2016 3:46 PM

Misled at AT&T Store

I do enjoy my new AT&T service but I feel I was misled regarding the cost of my monthly bill.  I was told that my bill would be $74 per month.  I even asked this repeatedly to make sure that was what I would be paying.  I knew the first month I would have the one-time fees added and my bill would be significantly larger.  My first bill's ammount was exactly what was quoted to me.  Now I have received my first monthly bill and it is $81 per month.  I can see that it is because there are taxes added but I was assured that my total monthly payment would be $74.

I am displeased with the service I received at the AT&T store.  Not only did they lie to me about my monthly payment amount, they also told me I could not use my employer discount for accessories in the store and I could only purchase online with the discount.  I later found out from another employee at the same store that this was not the case.  This involved me making an additional trip to the store and issues with my online purchase which caused a half an hour visit at the store just to buy a case for my new phone.  On top of that they employee said they could not help me with transferring my data from my old phone to the new phone.  With all the improvements AT&T is trying to make with their store and customer satisfaction, I find this unacceptable.

The bottom line is, I was lied to twice during my first trip.  I could have made one trip and had everything I needed but was inconvenienced by misinformation on top having to pay a higher monthly payment than I had budgeted.  Now I'm locked in for two years.  I hope AT&T will work with their employees to make it very clear what the payment will be and make them knowledgeable enough to know what services they can offer in-store.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

I switched from Verizon over 2.5 years ago.  I did a lot of comparing and math before switching.

I even waited for a promotion waiving activation fees.  

Considering the amount of money  it is always worth doing your homework.

Observer

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

About my bill , I call now before to AT&T to make an agreement for payment , I pay on dec 6 2016

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Donaldo wrote:
About my bill , I call now before to AT&T to make an agreement for payment , I pay on dec 6 2016

No, you do it on-line at att.com

You need to do it BEFORE you are late.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I was told how out of date my plan was so signed up with what they suggested. Now I have extremely slow service. Constant messages saying I've used all my data. I absolutely hate ATT. This will be the new most hated company in America in a year.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Akrentzin   

Then you don't have a big enough data plan.   The newest plan can be changed at any time to cover the month.   A small up charge adds a lot of data.

Take a look at the plan options and bump up to the next size plan.   

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Akrentzin Yep, what @lizdance40 said is spot-on.

The other thing that helps is to check out your monthly data usage on your account, graph or view the last 12-18 months, and see what your "peak" month(s) are.  This gives you an idea of which plan you need, to stay "inside" of your plan, with some allowances for rollover (big month following a slow one).
Unless you have a crazy amount of high-data-use apps (typically social media stuff), you should be able to find one that fits, and get out of the "out of data" loop...

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

AT&T trains their employees very well... to LIE.  Talk to different representative, get a different answer every single time.  They are the most deceptive company I have ever been a victim of.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Anonymous wrote:

AT&T trains their employees very well... to LIE.  Talk to different representative, get a different answer every single time.  They are the most deceptive company I have ever been a victim of.

Don't be a victim, educate yourself.

Go to the web site. It's all there in print with the asterisks and the fine print.

If you have a question come ask us (post the address to the page you have questions about and we can help even faster).

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

The biggest scam going was AT&T contract when I signed on : unlimited talk, unlimited data etc. It's unlimited data until you reach your GB level that you pay for. Go over that level and rack on another $15 bucks for 1 gig more! That's not unlimited data! [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. that's why now on a new account, they advertise true unlimited data! It's misleading advertisement, the old bait and switch. Shame on you MA Bell.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Razgrav wrote:
The biggest scam going was AT&T contract when I signed on : unlimited talk, unlimited data etc. It's unlimited data until you reach your GB level that you pay for. Go over that level and rack on another $15 bucks for 1 gig more! That's not unlimited data! 

That's NOT unlimited data. If you have a GB level you pay for, you are NOT on an unlimited plan. You're not on the right plan for unlimited data.

That sounds like a Mobile Share Value plan. That's what I have, when I break 20GB, I pay more for extra (which makes sense since I'm only paying for 20GB). But it's more data than I need and cheaper than the unlimited plan for me.

I'm surprised they didn't get slapped with another class action suit. Maybe they have and that's why now on a new account, they advertise true unlimited data! It's misleading advertisement, the old bait and switch.

There would likley be no such thing for that because I've never seen an ad that said that.  Can you provide a copy?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.