ATT is Scamming

Visitor

ATT is Scamming

Anyone have trouble getting ATT to call back or email back? I have a drop call, line quality problem for months. I've asked them to fix it. One tech told me a local tower was out and I should get credit for it being out. Accounting tells me I have to many credits and they won't issue anymore. At the same time the tech issues have not been fixed. ATT lies - doesn't know the meaning of the word "committment" and should not be allowed to continue to rip people off.

Message 1 of 12
ACE - Professor

Re: ATT is Scamming

Hi @Superripoff,

Sorry you're having trouble with your service. I wouldn't call it "scamming". It's just different departments following their rules and also stating opinions. Tech support really shouldn't promise a credit. What they should do is work with you to get the issue resolved and to submit and escalate cases to the network engineers in the area.

I would reach out to @ATTMobilityCare (click the username to open a pre-addressed private message) with th details of what's going on, explain that you aren't getting returned calls from AT&T, and what tech support has told you, etc. Also provide your contact information. 'm sure they'll work with you to get you taken care of.

Justin

If this solved your problem, please consider accepting this as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.

Justin

If this solved your problem, please consider accepting this as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 12
Visitor

Justin -

It is scamming. ATT makes promises, charges money and then doesn't deliver! That's a scam. I was in a chat last night with a CSR who promised to call me. I never got the call. ATT is not a consumer friendly company. You know it. I know. And millions of others know it.
Scam - Scam - Scam!
Message 3 of 12
Employee

If the tower is back up and running, and the issue is with distance to the tower, terrain impediment, indoor reception. Then these issues will more than likely persist because it's outside of the control of the carrier. Nothing can solve indoor reception because building material, interference and other factors will have an impact on the reception.

What kind of phone do we have? Have you turned off HD Voice (VOLTE) if it's a newer smartphone? What kind of reception does the device show at idle and when you go to make a call?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 12
ACE - Professor

@Superripoff, if I didn't think AT&T was a customer friendly company, they wouldn't be my cell phone company. So, obviously I do think they are. I also know that being polite to the reps and being understanding of company policies has gotten me much further in the long run. Service issues happen. They're normal. They will happen to every provider at some point. If your problems are consistent in your area and tech support isn't able to resolve it, then AT&T may not be the best choice for you. But they're still not scamming you.

As @David606 said, some service issues can't be resolved.

Best of luck,

Justin

Justin

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 12
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Tech support would have no access to your billing information. They would have no way to know that you have received "too many credits" already. They probably don't even know there is a limit to credits. That certainly doesn't indicate a scam in any way.

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"
Message 6 of 12
Visitor

Sorry to disagree - every tech can see the billing - they just can't do anything. They say they will call back or fix the problem -- and they do not! ATT claims their CSRs can make decisions but they are limited - not a good company -
Message 7 of 12
Voyager

jt212s   ATT are to scammers,  With me 4 years of problems, runarounds, and lies. Billing me for repairs that they never did nor told me they would do. Charge 4 times because of that and finally got reimburse for it. 6 Times of no call no show. Last year when ATT bought DirectTV I got charged for NFL Sunday ticket that I never ordered. Took 5 phone calls to get them to reimburse me. That's just half of what ATT has done to me. It will never get fixed. Again it's been 4 years and counting. Oh no ATT is not scammers. Have you checked @ATT on Facebook? I'm not talking about just a few scrolls but 1000 of scrolls with people hating ATT and I'm one of them.

Message 8 of 12
ACE - Expert

So find another provider.   

143 million other customers are happy with their ATT and Direct TV service.   They all have other option too.  Works for them, not for you.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 9 of 12
Voyager

Not for me and not for a lot of people that still have problems and being
lied to and to me. Even the small amount of people still out way the number
of you say "hundreds of million of customers" that are happy. ATT shouldn't
lie, not to know how to answer a ATT related question, denied you of asking
for a supervisor and then hang up on you. Some can't text, call or even
unlock their cell phones for months.

ATT has lost touch with helping people that pay ATT to have their devices
work. They pay for the internet, cell phone, DirectTV, and have their bill
go up that is not in their contract. This is 2017 and the complaints came
in years ago. You can't defend something that people haves problems
with them for years and some had it good fo 20 years and now they are
getting overcharged for nothing that goes against their contract. A lot
have canceled their service and a month or two later still getting charged.
You can't defend ATT when the truth is out there. We pay for something we
should have it work every day, not have problems every day and have to make
sure are bill doesn't go up every month and make a call every month to take
it off. It's in the social media now that ATT has gone rock bottom now.

A lot have an option. Not have ATT! Are you in a fantasy world here. You
care about the 142 million what about the other 1,000 of people? I do not
have an option when it comes to where I live. ATT is the only internet I
can get and the modem drops constantly and speeds are not always what I pay
for. You try watching videos and have it pause on you constantly. It's even
worst when it comes to live streaming.
Message 10 of 12
ACE - Expert

Wireless/cellular is not a public utility.  No carrier is required to provide service to all places.  

Every carrier has dead zones or non coverage areas.  

It is entirely on the customer to decide the service doesn't work and switch.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 11 of 12
Voyager

That's all you got. 😂 They are not talking about coverage since they know
they can get it where there at and all of a sudden they can send and not
receive or vice verse or can hear incoming not outgoing or vice verse. What
about people that can't unlock their phones and that haves nothing to do
with carriers and some time where they have full bars to no bars and some
that still have bars still have troubles communicating. This has been going
on for years. Since you not up to date on complaints you don't dare defend
ATT. I been up to date for 4 years now.
Message 12 of 12
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support