Weekly Off Topic Thread #307

ACE - Master

Weekly Off Topic Thread #307

Let's start off the weekend with a funny.  I hate Facebook Game requests:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 10 (730 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Weekly Off Topic Thread #307

Day 11 of the Government shutdown. I'm starting to get stir crazy with working from home. Other than phone calls the only interaction with other living things are my fish and the dog. The dog only visits with me if I have food at my desk.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10 (700 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

americangame wrote:

Day 11 of the Government shutdown. I'm starting to get stir crazy with working from home. Other than phone calls the only interaction with other living things are my fish and the dog. The dog only visits with me if I have food at my desk.

Not furloughed here.  The Director said that our org is funded through at least the end of October.

Message 3 of 10 (672 Views)
Master

Lol, on the tractor photo Dave! I remember at our shop where employees were required to back tractors into one of our 3 large bays on our shop. A couple times they would crash the bushhog rear tire into the pricey insulated bay doors and not a cheap fix!

Finally finish replacing part of the back porch roof yesterday and what a job! Hopefully installing a drip edge with new wood and shingles will stop the damage from the ice jams backing up under the roof at the gutter every winter.

Walked outside last week and there were a couple big Wild Turkeys standing by my tomatoes. Pretty neat and while I was only 50' away they didn't panic and just wandered into the woods feeding on seeds, nuts and insects. Fall colors around here are starting to look awesome!

My son ran in the Longbeach Marathon yesterday and finished the full 26.2 mile marathon in 2:51:07, his best time ever! Quite an accomplishment in finishing 17th overall with thousands of runners participating and 4th in his age group! Smiley Happy

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 4 of 10 (665 Views)

What, no Thanksgiving dinner for you Uni?

Impressive time for your son.  Still think those marathon runners are nuts.  26 Miles, nope, I'm getting in my car and driving.  That's further than I have to go to work.  Even when I was in the Navy I didn't run a TOTAL of 26 miles, and I spent 20 years in.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 5 of 10 (618 Views)
Master

LOL Oufan and my compound bow is pretty darn silent/accurate. But I'll respect the fact you aren't supposed to hunt the park where I live so it will be a store bought turkey again for Thanksgiving. Smiley Wink

Yeah, a real respectful time my son ran to come in 17th place with 10,000+ runners in the full marathon. He's a little ticked he's placed 4th for his age group in the past 2 marathons where 3rd place and up you receive medals/trophy's.

I've had to do an about-face as far as supporting marathon runners since I think they're nuts too! Throughout my career in watching all the runners/joggers in the parks I always thought they should be on a treadmill with a generator attached to use all that energy to generate some electricity. But my son also goes to a gym to run and the treadmills they have use electric to move the belt in addition to all the computer data showing. Oh well....

Time to button-down the hatches since cool/cold weather finally arrived this week. Lows will be in the high 30's with around 60 during the day. But early Sun morning it's supposed to drop to 30 which will be our 1st below freezing temp. I'll be bringing in all my house plants which have been outside all summer to clutter up the house. I put most of them upstairs out of the way but hang spider plants in the upper windows downstairs. They sure suck up the water though with my woodstove going and can't get them too close to the heat.

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Message 6 of 10 (606 Views)
ACE - Master

Uni - It might get down to the mid 30's Sunday morning here but even colder Tuesday morning with lows in the upper 20's and flurries.  Yep, I said it.  Y'all can shoot me now.

Message 7 of 10 (601 Views)
Master

Yuk Dave and way too early for those cold temps w/snow flurries! That should bring the leaves on the trees down real quick! So you think it's safe to remove my other 2 window AC units for the season? Smiley Very Happy

Uniblurb3

Message 8 of 10 (590 Views)
ACE - Master

Uniblurb3 wrote:

Yuk Dave and way too early for those cold temps w/snow flurries! That should bring the leaves on the trees down real quick! So you think it's safe to remove my other 2 window AC units for the season? Smiley Very Happy

Probably! Smiley Wink  I just disconnected our upstairs (master bedroom) portable ac, that vents out of a window.  Rolled it to its winter hibernation spot and stowed the vent hose and window mount. 

Message 9 of 10 (584 Views)
Master

dhascall wrote:

Uniblurb3 wrote:

Probably! Smiley Wink  I just disconnected our upstairs (master bedroom) portable ac, that vents out of a window.  Rolled it to its winter hibernation spot and stowed the vent hose and window mount. 

Sure sounds a little easier than removing mine! I have to use ladders since they're clear packing taped inside/out just to keep all the bugs in the woods out! Those 40+ year old aluminum storm windows the AC units sit on are the pits! I'd just leave them in all year with AC covers but I'm sure I'd be replacing the units every couple years since they'd just rust/rot away.. Plus all the cold air which would come in around them...

Uniblurb3

Message 10 of 10 (578 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.