Ask a question

Posted Jul 11, 2013
    4:36:19 AM
    View profile
    Weekly Off-Topic Thread #293

Well this will be a short one considering there's only one day left but here it is: WOTT #293

We finally finished up with our rental property repairing and rehabbing and got our new tenant. That's a load off our minds. Hopefully things won't be as bad when they move out. Grand total for repairs was ~$4200. I think we ended up putting 12 gallons of paint in there to cover up the smoked out walls and ceilings (had to repaint walls, ceilings, and trim).

Had a pretty good deluge the other day. Supposedly the grand total was 5.37 inches in about 45 minutes. I had a french drain put in on the high side of our property the first year we were in this house because of all the surface water that runs down from the properties uphill from me when we get heavy rain. The six inch line runs to the back of our property and discharges at ground level. There was a solid 6 inch blast coming out the end in an arc that was shooting about 15 inches in the air and 3 feet out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Weekly Off-Topic Thread #293

0 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too