Posted Apr 12, 2013
4:40:01 AM
View profile
Weekly Off-Topic Thread #281

Well, here it is, A new Friday and a new WOTT.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Well, here it is, A new Friday and a new WOTT.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Weekly Off-Topic Thread #281

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 11:02:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I saw something funny in my work's parking lot on my way to lunch earlier.  Someone had a sun shade on the windshield of their car. Normally something like this wouldn't be weird except for this car was a convertable with the top down.  Any point of having that sun shield on is negated.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

I saw something funny in my work's parking lot on my way to lunch earlier.  Someone had a sun shade on the windshield of their car. Normally something like this wouldn't be weird except for this car was a convertable with the top down.  Any point of having that sun shield on is negated.

-------

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #281

2 of 12 (509 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 12:03:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Kind of weird about that sun shade. :smileytongue:

Have a great weekend, everyone!! 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Kind of weird about that sun shade. :smileytongue:

Have a great weekend, everyone!! 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

3 of 12 (507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 9:25:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

americangame wrote:

THAT is hilarious.  Sounds like some of the "blond" jokes I've heard or read.Smiley - so funny.gif

This world of ours... must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect. ........Dwight D. Eisenhower

americangame wrote:

THAT is hilarious.  Sounds like some of the "blond" jokes I've heard or read.Smiley - so funny.gif

This world of ours... must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect. ........Dwight D. Eisenhower

4 of 12 (475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 9:29:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Computer-Joe on Apr 12, 2013 at 9:33:33 PM

hpmsrm wrote:

americangame wrote:

Or of a particular eastern european nationality (like myself).

You know, like the one that locked his keys in the car, and they had to call the fire department to get his family out. I think that was a convertable too.

neon_sign.jpg

hpmsrm wrote:

americangame wrote:

You know, like the one that locked his keys in the car, and they had to call the fire department to get his family out. I think that was a convertable too.

neon_sign.jpg

[ Edited ]
5 of 12 (467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 9:42:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Computer-Joe wrote:

hpmsrm wrote:

americangame wrote:

NO, say it isn't so??? Oh boy, I think I better dye my hair a different color 'cause that's 2 strikes against me being that I'm from that same eastern european nationality. :smileywink: IF I'm thinking correctly, that is. :smileyvery-happy: I would NEVER use a sunshade like that, however. :smileytongue:

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Computer-Joe wrote:

hpmsrm wrote:

americangame wrote:

NO, say it isn't so??? Oh boy, I think I better dye my hair a different color 'cause that's 2 strikes against me being that I'm from that same eastern european nationality. :smileywink: IF I'm thinking correctly, that is. :smileyvery-happy: I would NEVER use a sunshade like that, however. :smileytongue:

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

6 of 12 (458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2013 10:12:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

OR there were the two "persons with hair of a particular color" arguing in the woods. The first one says "These are bear tracks." and the second one says "No, these are cougar tracks".

Spoiler
They were still arguing when the train ran them over.

neon_sign.jpg

OR there were the two "persons with hair of a particular color" arguing in the woods. The first one says "These are bear tracks." and the second one says "No, these are cougar tracks".

Spoiler
They were still arguing when the train ran them over.

neon_sign.jpg

7 of 12 (446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 9:54:11 AM
(0)
Master

Reminds me of when I used a windshield sunshade on the big Chevy conversation van I used to own. Once the sunshade was installed there were big red letters written on the inside which read, "WARNING - DO NOT DRIVE WITH IN PLACE"! :smileyvery-happy:

Not very good video quality but the below situation is really cute with a happy ending.

Brings back memories of work when I used to have to put 8' wide boards in our large dumpsters to let the raccoons climb out. There was one park worker who really disliked raccoons because of the mess they made in dragging all the trash out. So once he just shut the lids and let the Waste Management driver dump all the raccoons into the back of his truck. Next time the driver came in he was madder than heck and said he isn't dumping any more dumpsters with raccoons in them. He said he was driving down the freeway at 60mph, with the raccoons climbing out of the top of truck, hanging on his mirrors and trying to get in the open windows! :smileyvery-happy:

I'm sure I've told this story before.

Reminds me of when I used a windshield sunshade on the big Chevy conversation van I used to own. Once the sunshade was installed there were big red letters written on the inside which read, "WARNING - DO NOT DRIVE WITH IN PLACE"! :smileyvery-happy:

Not very good video quality but the below situation is really cute with a happy ending.

Brings back memories of work when I used to have to put 8' wide boards in our large dumpsters to let the raccoons climb out. There was one park worker who really disliked raccoons because of the mess they made in dragging all the trash out. So once he just shut the lids and let the Waste Management driver dump all the raccoons into the back of his truck. Next time the driver came in he was madder than heck and said he isn't dumping any more dumpsters with raccoons in them. He said he was driving down the freeway at 60mph, with the raccoons climbing out of the top of truck, hanging on his mirrors and trying to get in the open windows! :smileyvery-happy:

I'm sure I've told this story before.

8 of 12 (344 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 10:19:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Anyone know where I can find that list/chart of HD channels by provider? I thought it was on AVSforum before but I can't seem to find it.

-------

Anyone know where I can find that list/chart of HD channels by provider? I thought it was on AVSforum before but I can't seem to find it.

-------

9 of 12 (335 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 10:25:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

10 of 12 (331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 12:52:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

This was updated on the 9th of April, the link you provided was from Nov.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

This was updated on the 9th of April, the link you provided was from Nov.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

11 of 12 (315 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2013 8:45:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

OU, your link is bad.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1462894/official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-dbs-fiber-iptv-upda... :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

OU, your link is bad.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1462894/official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-dbs-fiber-iptv-updated-4-18-13 :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

12 of 12 (262 Views)