Weekly Off-Topic Thread #275

Weekly Off-Topic Thread #275

Well here it is Friday again and another week closer to the end of tax season.  I'll sure be glad when it's over. The government and the IRS have sure played havoc on tax companies and preparers this year with the late status of many forms still being unable to be filed.

Weather is starting to turn into spring as we're supposed to be in the mid to upper 60's starting next week.  Didn't get any of the snow that a lot of the midwest got.  I have some relatives that live in the panhandle area of Oklahoma that are finally able to get out of their houses.  They got hammered. Set a new record for snowfall in Feb. of 49+ inches.  Previous record had been in 1919 of 42 inches.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 1 of 13 (557 Views)
Expert

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #275

I was wondering if you had any of that snow where you are. I'm glad you didn't. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 2 of 13 (529 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Per Spaceweather, a comet may be "naked eye, visible," next week.

NAKED-EYE COMET: Comet Pan-STARRS (C/2011 L4) is now inside the orbit of Mercury and it is
brightening as it approaches the sun.  Observers in the southern hemisphere say the comet can be seen with the naked eye even through city lights.  Currently, it is about as bright as the stars of the Big Dipper (magnitude +2 to +3).  The comet could become even brighter when it moves into northern hemisphere skies in the second week of March.  Check http://spaceweather.comcreate bookmark for current images and updates.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 13 (508 Views)
Master

About 5" of snow on the ground here and still coming down hard. I don't think I'll be shoveling much since went store hoarding yesterday it will be melted in a few days. But will need to get the heavy snow off my canopy so it doesn't cave in on my wife's Wrangler.

Doggone pretty funny dog tag. LOL.

http://onestophumour.com/picture-3073-best-dog-tag-ever-.html

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 4 of 13 (478 Views)
Expert

Pretty funny, Uni!! Smiley Very Happy btw, HI!!

Just waiting for the snow here, I don't think they're calling for too much, 1-3, inches but, you never know?

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 5 of 13 (472 Views)

You guys keep that snow where you're at.  Though my wife would like for it to have a nice long winter streak since she works for a heating/ac company, I'd just as soon have my warm weather.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 6 of 13 (468 Views)
Master

Hi DC! Well, the snow is melting fast and 37 here at noon. Glad I didn't lose power since the trees were under so much stress from the heavy wet snow. Have an 8' Norway Spruce limb down outside my back door I'll have to drag away while also checking the rest of my drive.

OUfan, bet it is a booming year for the heating companies since it's been a pretty cold/harsh winter. I've had about enough of this cold crap myself and looking forward to a sunny weekend with temps in the mid-high 50's.

I've had Charlie on antibiotics for the past couple weeks for a problem with his foot/toe where he had a bone infection from a puncture wound while also limping. He had a good 6th B-day present a couple days ago when I took him back to the vet for another x-ray and the infection is cleared up while his limp is gone. High costs of pet health care isn't much more different than for people and cost me $500. 

My son is still into working out and running. He went to the Arnold Classic this past weekend in Columbus since he has a friend who competes. Son also signed up for running in the "Flying Pig Marathon" in Cinci on May 5th (Cinco de Mayo). Wish him the best and should be a nice route along the Ohio River but those huge hills in Cinci should test the runners endurance big time. I can barely stand to drive those those winding hills in Cinci let alone run them! LOL.

http://www.flyingpigmarathon.com/

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Message 7 of 13 (448 Views)

Uni, DFW really hasn't had it that bad this winter so the heating companies are having to spend heavily for google just to get leads.  What we need is another hot summer so the A/C side will go like gangbusters.  Monday we set a record high of 88 at DFW airport, was 32 this morning.  My alergies have been killing me because the plants do not know what to do.

Message 8 of 13 (442 Views)
ACE - Master

Uni - we also got about 5".  It is as heavy as a foot or 18" of the dry stuff.  Not much melting here as we are at 33 and holding.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 13 (434 Views)
Master

OUfan, all the plants are screwed up around here too from a real warm spell about a month ago. Lots of spring bulbed flowers have had a green showing but of course haven't grown much in frozen/snow covered ground. Probably won't hurt them since they're real hardy. Around here the old saying is, "cold winter equals hot summer".

Envy your temps in the 80's and my daughter N of SD has been sending me pics of their 80 temps trying to entice us to move out there. Sure looks nice and maybe someday....

Dave, you must have more of the cold front sitting on you since temp here is now 38. Some gal sent the local news station a pic of her Forsythia blooming and they say "3 more snows after the Forsythia blooms" so we may have 2 more to go. Forsythia isn't blooming around here so maybe so maybe 3 more snows?? I'll never forget when I was down in Miami visiting my brother and it snowed 10" here on April 10th. Wife was still up here and madder than a hornet! Smiley Very Happy

PS. sorry about your beloved Hoosiers and ruining senior night. Smiley Wink

Uniblurb3

Message 10 of 13 (421 Views)
ACE - Master

Hoosiers LOL.  You know what they did?  They still cut the nets down, even after a loss.  I don't get it.  IU will find a way to lose the Big 10 title.

Message 11 of 13 (405 Views)
Highlighted
Master

LOL Dave, and I've never heard of such a thing when you cut the nets down when you lose! I was hoping IU would go all the way to #1 this year since knew the Bucks weren't capable. But I've never seen such an inconsistent year for so many real good Big10 teams. The best teams get beat by the worst record team?? Go figure.....

Uniblurb3

Message 12 of 13 (400 Views)
ACE - Master

I think that it's a pattern for ranked teams to lose, this year.  I don't know if that will translate into upsets galore, in the Tourney but it certainly could!

BTW, I looked at the weather maps last night and we were colder because the Cold dome settled in here, first.  It followed a Twin Cities, Chicago, Indy path.  BUT warmer weather is just behind that, with highs in the 50's and 60's, out west and it hit 80 in Dallas, yesterday.

Message 13 of 13 (374 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.