Weekly Off-Topic Thread #261

Re: Weekly Off-Topic Thread #261

JefferMC wrote:

Does your drop run across your neighbor's property, or did you make a deal to get your neighbor's sprinklers to water your lawn?

Yes the pedestal for UV is next to my new neigbors driveway.  

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 16 of 18 (1,048 Views)

[ Edited ]

BeeBeeSA wrote:

When I had my sprinkler system installed I told the guy where the utilities were to try to speed things up since about 3 months prior I had them marked when my back patio was expanded.  He respectfully declined telling me that if he cut anything....electrical, cable, phone, etc. his company would be billed the cost from the appropriate companies/companies to repair the damage.  I asked him how that worked and he said if he doesn't pay the bill and they report him to the state he could loose his Texas Irrigation License.

So i delayed the start of the project by 4 days until all of the utilites came and marked their respective lines but nothing happened either.

I let the builder's sales office know.  I'll have to follow up with them regarding that.  I cannot say with 100% certainty that it was them, but Sunday Monday everything was working and the sprinkler wasn't there, and last night, nothing was working and the new sprinkler system was installed next door.  Coincidense? Don't think so.

On a happier note, I had a blast this past weekend,  My wife's A/C company that she works for as marketing director , Ruud is trying to get them to start selling their systems,  Well in return the gave my wife two tickets, two Village of Champions passes, pit passes and a meet and greet with Cale Gale, driver of the #33 Ruud NASCAR Camping World Truck.  Saturday, YellowBook, who my wife has her internet marketing through, gave us Victory Club Suite passes for the Nationwide race and on Sunday my son turned 4.  Wife is trying to get YB to give her tickets to ALL the races at Texas Motor Speedway for next year and if they start selling Ruud she'll work on them as well.  Nice to have connections.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 17 of 18 (1,046 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Cale Gale.  Cale's dad named him for Cale Yarborough (obviously).  I took pictures at Winchester Speedway  and in 1992, they had All-Pro take over the Winchester 400 from ASA.  They brought in Jeff Gordon, Bobby Labonte, Jack Sprague and a few other bigger names.  Midway through the race, I came down to the pits to take some pit stop photos and a local racer grabbed me and asked if I could help pit Bubba Gale's car (Cale's dad).  A mechanic, I'm not but I manned the pit board, helped pull fiberglass away (he wrecked all weekend) and threw him a drink bottle.  Cale made out better than Bubba did in terms of racing.  Bubba owns a big truck driving school down in LA (Lower Alabama).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 18 (988 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.